“Taste is what you're after!!”
Review of Banana Leaf

Banana Leaf
Ranked #2 of 327 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Malaysian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Issaquah, Washington
“Taste is what you're after!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Delicious food - lunch is packed, but dinner starts at 5 and should be easier to get a table. The food is FLAVORFUL and well-prepared - I go every time I'm in town.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Seven Corners, Virginia
“Popular place among locals”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The place is very popular among local indian crowd. We had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. The service was good, but we were unimpressed by food, except black lamb which was pretty good. The prices were in $10-15 range, so I guess we got what we paid for.

Japan
“Interesting Asian restaurant”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This restaurant tries to keep high standard, and is often full. Yet, taste is a bit too strong. I selected the Singapore Pepper chicken and it was too spicy. But service is nice and there are plenty of drinks to choose from.

Visited December 2012
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“okay”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

the food tasted kind of bad
there was weird taste
my favorite part was the rootbeeer float
that was nice

San Jose, California
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The husband And I like exploring restaurants in the city as often as We can. In our first week we had heard so much about Banana Leaf from his colleagues that we decided to check it out. It is a small restaurant which is always crowded. And that is because the food they serve is delicious. On the summer evening that we went there, it was chilly and they had laid tables in open space with heaters in the side. We decided to sit outside. The Roti Prata that the husband ordered was delicious and I can say the same for Singaporean pepper chicken that I ordered. The crowd and the queue outside the restaurant can be overwhelming but it just means the food must be worth the wait. Why else would anyone not mind waiting for 20 - 30 minutes in the chilly evenings just for dinner. Everytime that we have gone to banana leaf and every different dish that we have ordered has turned out to be good. Every single time. I like the way they serve pineapple fried rice, food is served from the pineapple fruit crust.
So my verdict is that it's a must eat place. Never disappoints where food is concerned.

1 Thank Alok P

Been to Banana Leaf? Share your experiences!