“Front Desk Experience Horrible”

Americas Best Value Inn-Milpitas/Silicon Valley
Americas Best Value Inn-Milpitas/Silicon Valley
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
California
“Front Desk Experience Horrible”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The manager at the front desk acts like he's doing you a favor in giving you a room. He doesn't provide consistent rates - his rates are much higher than what you see on the hotel website online. He is extremely unpleasant. Although the rooms are tolerable and this is in a good location, I will never go back here again because of the front desk experience

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We needed an inexpensive base of operations for two nights for my wife and myself and my two sons visiting from Seattle. The rooms were clean and quiet. Not a lot of extras here, but clean, quiet and comfortable for a reasonable price was what we were looking for, and what we got. I recommend with no hesitations. Location on S Main is near the airport and several good restaurants and diners. Small old-town feel on Main St. Not busy. We were there during the week the roses in their parking lot were in full bloom and was quite nice.

Room Tip: King bedroom on street side, opposite office was just fine for us.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daddy_Davo
Milpitas
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My stay was pleasant and the service was acceptable. I loved the room they gave me (201) away from foot traffic and stairs. The room was clean and colorful. The TV and fridge worked great. The location could have been better but it is not far from stores and restaurants. I liked the peace and quiet most of all and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Milpitas, California
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here for a week and trust me this is not a kind of place you would want to stay in. Rooms are small, breakfast inclusive is nothing but stale donuts and machine coffee. There is cigarette butts everywhere and people sit and drink on the staircases. All in all a very teribble experience I had while staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Bryan J

Travelers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We chose this place based on location and price, so frankly weren't expecting much in terms of comfort. But we were pleasantly surprised and ended up getting a great night's sleep and feeling validated by our selection. We'd stay there again under the same circumstances (my husband had a business meeting about 3 miles away, and I was going to spend the time exploring nearby Palo Alto). The hotel isn't on a major thoroughfare, so it's pretty quiet, but it's close enough to Hwy 237 to get wherever you need to go in the greater Silicon Valley. The room had some extras we hadn't counted on: a window you could open and keep locked, an ironing board and iron, hair dryer, and soap/shampoo from dispensers (which I used to detest but now appreciate). Our room had been painted in the recent past, so that added to the overall impression the place is maintained. We didn't even try the "continental" breakfast because it would've meant taking time to get a cup of hotel coffee and a pre-packaged pastry. I don't really want my hotel bill padded by the cost of a breakfast I'm not going to stick around to consume anyway. One other plus: the guy at the front desk was polite and helpful without being intrusive. The parking lot was full the night we stayed there (mid-week), so they obviously get plenty of business, but judging from the service they don't appear to take that business for granted.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor of this two-story hotel, near the end. All the rooms open onto an outside...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I booked my husband for a one night stay at the above-mentioned hotel, since he will be traveling out the US the following day. I requested for a non-smoking room and a room situated on the ground floor, since my husband has difficulties walking up the stairs. The only room available on the ground floor was a smoking room, but they will put a note about my request. When my husband checked in the hotel, he was given a cozy non-smoking room, on the ground floor, and he said, the staff was courteous and very friendly. I also had to call my husband several times that evening, until the next day, to keep him company, since he is staying at the hotel by himself. My call had to pass through operator, and they were so courteous despite the numerous calls i made. Thank you for your consistent excellent service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
#23 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Milpitas Inn
Milpitas Inn
#13 of 20 in Milpitas
Days Inn San Jose Milpitas
Days Inn San Jose Milpitas
#15 of 20 in Milpitas
Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View
Americas Best Value Inn Mountain...
#18 of 18 in Mountain View
Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto
#13 of 16 in Livermore

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Milpitas/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!