“Mostly good food and service”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #4 of 327 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
california
“Mostly good food and service”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The menu here is very similar to other Black Bear Restaurants in the area. We went for a late breakfast. Found the eggs, French toast and other items good. The one major exception was the biscuit. For some reason this restaurant chose to server a rather tasteless, biscuit which was the size of a small loaf of bread. I would have eagerly give up size for a biscuit which had taste. Avoid that at all costs.

Also, the sausage links were average. Might try another meat.

The service was good.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Modesto
“We Enjoyed Our Visit”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had breakfast. My custom omelette was delicious. My companion also had an omelette. The cook forgot the avocado, but that was quickly remedied.
The restaurant was neat and clean. The waitress was friendly and efficient.
The menu does not show the price for side orders. If you don't see exactly what you want on the menu, you might want to take a chance and place a custom order for exactly what you want like I did. My meal ended up costing only half of what most of the breakfasts cost because this place serves large meals if one orders off the menu. There is a senior menu, but it is quite limited.
The restrooms were clean and well stocked. The restaurant was clean, located in an older building.

There is plenty of parking outside in the lot.

Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a great Sunday breakfast (Shasta scramble), and took home the leftovers for 2 more breakfasts. Included a couple of huge pancakes... good, hot coffee... I was full and happy afterward. About $10, not bad these days.

It was a Sunday AM so the line was ridiculously long, but I was a party of one :-( so I was seated at the counter right away :-)

My meal took quite a while to arrive, but I don't fault my waitress.

I'll definitely go back. It's a chain, so I'd expect the same level of quality from all og them.

Visited July 2013
San Mateo, California
“Black Bear Diner”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Clean, friendly, family orientated, great food and generous portions. We had an enjoyable breakfast experience.

• Visited July 2013
Aiea, Hawaii
“Large portions, very good food, entertaining staff.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a very large party so we had to wait a long time to be seated. They won't seat a large party until you're all there. So, I don't blame the restaurant, just the family members who were later than the agreed upon time. I was told to expect large portions and was not disappointed. It's best to inquire about the size of some things so you don't look like an idiot with a turkey platter full of food in front of you. Our party had a combination of breakfast, lunch and dinner items. It was a Sunday, and they don't seem to mind what you order. I had big granola flapjacks and my wife had some great baby back ribs. I didn't hear any complaints from anybody, and there were plenty of doggie containers that left with us. We had a waiter who was a natural entertainer and kept our crowd as well as others entertained with trivia questions (for free side dishes) and his dancing with the stars routine. A very enjoyable Sunday family get together. I would definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2013