“Disappointed.”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Milpitas, CA., United States
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It is not right for the Hampton Inn, Milpitas for not informing me to the fact that the hotel was under construction, when I made the reservation. Upon check in, the lobby was in a mess and very dusty. I hope none of the guests end up breathing asbestos. If I knew the state of the hotel in advance, I would have made my reservation with another Hampton Inn. The nightly rate of $159.00 plus tax was extremely ridiculous for the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hotel M, Hampton Inn Management Team at Hampton Inn Milpitas, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your repsonse. We apologize for your experience. Currently, we are working on improving our guest rooms and guest experience. Also, we are working with the Hilton brand to keep them informed of our progress during this renovation process and keeping our website up to date. It has been posted on our website for sometime now that we are under construction. We are working as fast as possible to finish up this project to make our hotel beautiful again. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Hampton Inn Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Indy
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I stay at a LOT of Hampton Inns all over the country. This by far, is the worst I have ever been in. The lobby is going through a major renovation right now, which was not made clear when I booked the reservation but I was willing to over look since this is a business trip. I am surprised that someone decided to redo the entire lobby at once, instead of in stages as I have seen at many other hotels. At the very least you would expect the workers to clean up the site after each days work.
Beyond the lobby the rest of the place need a remodel as well. The hall carpets are very dirty and worn, walls and doors scuffed, scratched and very beaten up. It was a relief to get though the construction site and down the disgusting hallway to my room, until I saw the blood stained comforter on the bed and the mold in the shower.
I will never stay at this property again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for your experience. Currently, we are working on improving our guest rooms and guest experience. In addition, we have taken care of that issue already in all guest rooms. In addition, that was unacceptable and action was taken upon our staff. Also, we are working with the Hilton brand to keep them informed of our progress during this renovation process and keeping our website up to date. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Milpitas, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a week and the experience was not so satisfactory because of the large scale renovation .Reservations should have informed us prior to our check-in. there was dust all over and the main entrance foyer was covered in plastic films .We were on a business trip and there is typically a good use of the common area during office trips for meetings and prep plans .I would blame the management to have not planned this better since it lead to a poor overall experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your repsonse. We apologize for your experience. Currently, we are working on improving our guest rooms and guest experience. Also, we are working with the Hilton brand to keep them informed of our progress during this renovation process and keeping our website up to date. It has been posted on our website for sometime now that we are under construction. We are working as fast as possible to finish up this project to make our hotel beautiful again. Update on lobby, it will up and running with in a week or less.

Raleigh, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the San Jose area. Friendly staff, good rooms, central location (near I880, 237, 101). Right near the Coyote Creek trail, which is asphalt but far away from traffic and good for running. McCarthy Ranch has stores and restaurants within walking distance, and a large outdoor Chinese mall is right across the street. There's also a nice little Starbucks just a 3-minute walk away. Highly recommend.

Reno, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good hotel other than adjacent to a large ethic shopping center. That means you have to travel to find more traditional services. Room had well used carpet and a locker room smell. The complementary breakfast was very good with omelets, fruit and meat. The coffee is of a very poor quality but typical for hotels these days.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good location, close to McCarthy ranch and the Great Mall. Nice place to stay for a short business trip. The rooms are big and clear and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is quite poor, but OK for a short stay.

Murrieta, California
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed a few times at this hotel. I recently stayed in May and I have to say this time I was very disappointed. I truly despise having dirty chalking the the bathroom shower. One other pet peeve I have is a dirty iron that messes up my shirts. This Hotel needs a makeover and I hear that this is scheduled soon.