“Good basic accommodation at a reasonable price”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Camarillo, California
“Good basic accommodation at a reasonable price”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stay at this location frequently, it is convenient for access to the south bay and San Jose area. The rooms all allow for some degree of self catering which is really useful for longer stays. The staff are friendly, The rooms are not that of a luxury hotel but they are acceptable. There are long stay guests at this hotel from all over the world, but mainly Asia. As these rooms have cooking facilities you will experience the essence of that cooking. Don't stay here if that will offend you. The hotel has been recently renovated (2012) and the mattresses are replaced fairly regularly. The beds are firm, and there are plenty of pillows. The TV's are 32 inch LCD but with no HD service at present, and a limited channel selection. The internet service is useable if you choose the paid option. The free option is slow for anything except email access. If you are without transport there is a supermarket close by and the McCarthy ranch shopping area is walkable. The offices of Sandisk, KLA-Tencor, (some) Cisco, Phoenix tech, and Intersil are within walking distance. The VTA light rail station is about a 15 minute walk.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are the best on site (300 block). If you want convenient automobile parking get a r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the deluxe rooms our hotel offers; however, we apologize that our free WiFi connection was not working properly. In response, I am speaking with our provider about ways we can enhance this service moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at MLP@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

terrible experience .. if you book the hotel for longer duration and say ur plan changes and you need to checkout early.. they will charge u like hell.. almost 3 to 4 times than what you booked for....also watch on the final charges.. they will give receipt of some amount, while they charge more on the card and then later nobody cares ... !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rutur s
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding your check-out process is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. When making a reservation for a long length of stay, the company provides you a discount based on the number of days you will be visiting the hotel. Unfortunately, if the time frame of your stay is reduced in any way, then we would not be able to continue to extend this rate. Rather, we would have to charge you the nightly rate. I am truly sorry for the confusion. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MLP@extendedstay.com.

We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Milpitas, California
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The overall room of the hotel is good and as expected. But the services in the hotel is very bad.

This hotel charge for everything - from housekeeping, to laundry to increasing internet speed. As an international traveler, we would expect to have all these facilities. On top of this, they say they provide goof breakfast, but they don't. They just have coffee/Tea, some fruits and an oatmeal. Compared to other hotels or suites in this area, they provide much better facilities in similar price.

I will not recommend this hotel to any one, until you don't want to spend much, and don't need all these services.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NIkhil J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Nikhil - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our amenity policy was not communicated to you properly. I am going to work with the staff to ensure we convey the message that laundry, extra housekeeping days and upgraded high speed internet can all be provided for an additional minimal fee.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at MLP@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here over 2 month for biz trip, basically the hotel is fine, and the location is good. ( near ranch 99 supermarket )
But the front desk staff really need to improve their service.
In January, the heater in my room was broken. I told front desk twice but didn't fix up. Then I asked the staff give me another room, because in winter night without heater is freezing and cannot sleep at all. However the staff told me they can't give me another room, because all the room were full. But I know the room next to me is empty, and also there's at lease 3 empty rooms in the same floor.
For next biz trip, I will stay other place for sure.

Room Tip: room in the front desk building will be better. first floor is very noise, ask second floor room wi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lily H
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Milpitas McCarthy Ranch. Fulfilling our company’s commitment to provide complete guest satisfaction for each guest that walks through our door is our daily goal. I am so sorry we failed at that mission for you.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies that you experienced issues with your heater during your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied with their stay and certainly that all mechanical items are in proper working order prior to a guest’s arrival. We have met with each of our staff members to ensure that an issue such as this is not repeated in the future. Your comfort and satisfaction is key for us and we hope that you will give us another chance to have you as a guest in our hotel or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hotel accommodations were fine. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Staff was very helpful. The main issue I had was the breakfast. Most hotels in this area in this price range offer a lot more than just a cup of coffee and a basket of granola bars at the front desk.
The location is convenient, just across 237 from a large shopping complex that includes a lot of restaurants. Easy access to all the major highways and corporations in silicon valley.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are very noisy (doors slamming, can hear neighbors kids, etc). Other buil...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fireman_Bob2011
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Although we do not currently offer a full breakfast, we are pleased to offer an expanded coffee bar, with gourmet brews, granola bars, muffins, and fresh fruit. I do understand that you would have preferred a fuller breakfast bar, and assure you that I will bring your concerns to the attention of our corporate office.

We are always looking for ways to expand our amenity offerings for our guest’s enjoyment during their stay with us. We are certainly glad that you did enjoy our hotel and our staff and we hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas.
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tonight is my first night of an almost week-long visit so I'm not yet qualified to give a review on my stay. However, I can say that if the customer service I received from Kelli at the front desk is any sign, then I'm in for a treat.

Kelli went above and beyond to help me with my reservation. This was just what I needed after a full 24 hours of travel, to include a canceled flight in Cincinnati. Kelli was courteous, polite and extremely attentive to my desire to get into a room so I could take a well-deserved hot shower! She also handled my reservations for my upcoming stays here on the west-coast.

I only wish that all hotels had front-desk personnel like Kelli. She is definitely representing Extended Stay America well. Keep up the good work Kelli.

KH

Room Tip: Have not been here long enough yet to say.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We would like to express our thanks to you for taking the time to publish such a nice review of your stay so far at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. Kelli is indeed one of our super star Guest Service agents and we will be sure to pass along our thanks as well as yours for her courteous, over the top willingness to be sure your stay would start out great! We pride ourselves on not only providing clean, comfortable, fresh rooms but excellence in guest service as well. It looks like we hit a home run in your case. We hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days and it was perfectly fine. The room is good and have kitchen with all required utincels to cook. Bathrrom is clean and neat. The only issue is with the selection of channels to watc and breakfast. Both dont offer any choice. Over all good value for money if your office location is at walkable distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
It is with our sincere thanks that we respond to you regarding your recent stay Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. We are happy to hear that your room was clean and fresh and that you enjoyed being able to be near all the things our local area has to offer in the way of shopping, dining and being close to your office. Our mission from the moment you walk through our doors is to provide total satisfaction and comfort for your needs during your stay. We thank you for your recognition and kind words and we hope to see you again in the future should your travels bring you back to our area. With hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.