“Dim Sum - Awesome and tasty”
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Ranked #34 of 99 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We were headed to get some Dim Sum in the Millbrae area and got very lucky when our cab driver started speaking Cantonese with my friend and said he would take us to the "right place" - it turned out to be a winner! Get here early for lunch because it fills up fast. Carts come by with different choices as quickly as you can select. We had a wide selection of steamed dim sum, chicken feet, jelly fish with seaweed, steamed shrimp dumpling in fish soup, congee with clans, and steamed Japanese tofu. What a taste treat! Every dish was excellent with fresh ingredients and great flavors. This will be my new favorite restaurant in the vicinity of SFO.

1  Thank fred200099

Reviewed October 9, 2013

First time I found this restaurant just because I was so hungry and looked for some small restaurant. It was amazing! I ordered Fried crab in HongKong road side style, fish head casserole clop pot and seafood tofu soup. All of these were so yummy! I also tried the dim sum dishes, which were excellent! I will def come here again and again.

1  Thank mfzbubble z
Reviewed July 12, 2013

FOOD:
The dim sum dishes here were fairly tasty but, in my opinion, not so great as to justify the 50-minute wait to get a table.

SERVICE:
The service here was pretty good. The cart ladies passed by our table frequently and were very patient to unveil the contents of the steam baskets.

PRICE:
Our bill averaged out to around $20 per person.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went here on our trip to San Francisco International Airport. It is just minutes from the airport. They were rated very highly in the Zagat guide. We decided to try it. We are very glad we did. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was good and the prices reasonable for the area.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel across the street said the Chinese restaurant across the street is OKAY.

They were WRONG - it is AMAZING!

I'd been missing good chinese food for a long time. We took a chance. The restaurant was bustling - the service very good. Everyone in the restaurant, except for us and one or two others are Asian. Many people per table. A vast menu.

We ate Mongolian beef - and General Tso's chicken. It was delicious.

Rated as GO - GO NOW - do not wait!