“Great Food and Very Pleasant Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LA Collina

LA Collina
Reserve with OpenTable
LA Collina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hillcrest Blvd.
Lubbock
“Great Food and Very Pleasant Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Best to get reservations! We had to come back on Sunday because they were so busy Saturday. The food was wonderful. We had the salmon, chicken risotto, and the lamb shanks. Melt in your mouth. Lovely atmosphere. Wait staff were good, not great. We did ask for separate tickets and our waitress forgot. But she did re-do them even though it was clear it was a hassle. Highly recommend that you try this locally owned restaurant. Forget those chains. They will survive.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Texas1964

Millbrae, California
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I like to eat here at least once a week. The bruschetta is the best I've ever had. I especially like salmon special. My son loves the ravioli s in Gorgonzola sauce. We've never had a bad meal here

• Visited July 2013
Sacramento, California
“Excellent taste in all of their dishes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The pasta dishes are very tasty. The eggplant parmigiana was different from all othedls as was the penne arrabiata. Tue tiramusu is one of a kind.
The ambience is family as well as romantic.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Everytime we come to San Francisco from Australua, we stay in Millbrae near the airport just so we can eat at La Collina, a family owned business. After at least 10 meals here it just keeps getting better.

The restaurant is cozy and unassuming, and the location is rather unexpected for an excellent Italian restaurant (in the midst of Asian restaurants. The last meal that I had here, the veal was the most tender I have ever experienced. I don't know how they managed the preparation. My wife and I also succumbed to the Tiramisu which is one of the best anywhere and we have sampled many around the world.

We struck up a conversation with another couple who live in the area and they regularly come here for what they consider the best Italian place in town.

If you are in the San Francisco area, don't miss experiencing La Collina.

Visited May 2013
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Taste explosion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I "found" this delightful restaurant while we were walking from the train to where we were staying at The Best Western Millbrae. What a find. From the moment of walking in, to smelling the delicious odors, to being seated and served the roasted garlic dip and bread we were treated to superb food. Service was great and relaxed. It is cosy, relaxed, clean bathroom, and certainly a restaurant to visit more than once, which in fact we did. We invited friends to meet us there to enjoy a meal before we flew home to New Zealand.

• Visited April 2013