“Below average ”

El Super Burrito
Ranked #15 of 104 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a place to eat with my gf and I found this place on TripAdvisor. At first I was a bit excited to go eat there because of the great recommendations and it was walkable distance from the inn we are staying at. First off the burrito was below average... It really didn't have much flavour to it and it was dry... Secondly their salsa tasted watered down which really disappointed me. Third The people serving me and my gf were a little rude and forgot to put ingredients in my burrito that I asked for and got charged for.....And lastly They over charged me giving me extra things I did not order. Honestly this place isn't genuine Hispanic food and that's coming from a Latino. The place could be better but overall this place was pretty Terrible I for sure would not recommend this place to anyone who expects great burritos and great Hispanic food

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were starving when we got off the plane and found this with the TripAdvisor app. We were happy with what we ate -- lovingly prepared giant burritos. I had the super burrito with chicken and my wife had the grilled chicken burrito. The little one devoured his side of rice!

It was a great place to regroup before doing the drive to Monterey!

1  Thank kurokitty
Reviewed July 12, 2013

El Super Burrito in Millbrae is a terrific small Mexican restaurant on El Camino Real, very popular with the locals. Every entree we've ever tried has impressed, and the portions are enormous and very reasonably priced.

I fell in love with the California burrito (grilled steak or chicken, cheese, avocado, tomato salsa, sour cream, and french fries!). It's priced at $7.05, and can easily feed two or be spread out over both lunch and dinner. I've had Cali burritos elsewhere, but the fries here are what make it. Their texture is amazing, offering the perfect crunch -- unlike other fry-in-burrito spots where the fries quickly turn soggy.

My new ESB favorite, however, is the Super Quesadilla (see photo). Don't confuse this with the grilled quesadilla (also outstanding). The Super Quesadilla has your choice of meat (grilled chicken for me) along with cheese, tomato salsa, guac, and sour cream inside. It's rolled like a burrito, and then put on the grill. The tortilla gets nice and crispy as all of the ingredients melt into deliciousness. Like everything else I've had here, the portion is enormous. Ask for a side of salsa verde for dipping.

The enchiladas are great, and the red sauce that accompanies them is delicious with a slight kick.

Weekday lunchtime is quite busy, with lines sometimes stretching out the door into the parking lot -- but it's well worth the wait. You can call in your order for pick-up as well. Their social media presence is entertaining, too (@elsupermillbrae on Twitter), and promotes any specials they've got going on.

The staff is super-personable, and happily willing to accommodate special requests (no sour cream for me!). It's not on the menu, but they'll create a heaping side order of fries for you for $1.25.

If there's a knock -- a minor one -- the complimentary chips that come with the order are just mediocre. They're fine, but nothing special. Salsas are terrific, though.

ESB is a regular stop for my co-workers and me, and I can't recommend it highly enough!

1  Thank mcgowan06
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Great, satisfying Mexican grub. You will be happy and full. My wife wanted wine but they don't have - she went for a beer instead and we both enjoyed our food. Gracias!

1  Thank BFG1970
Reviewed May 6, 2013

maybe they had a bad day or something but I can make better Mexican food than these guys on that evening. my burrito was really soggy and moist. it tasted basically of nothing. no zing, no salt, no flavors. and also no textures. a total bland and unexciting taste. same with my wife's quesadilla. I cannot understand why so many people like this place here on tripadvisor and on other sites. not recommendable.

Been to El Super Burrito? Share your experiences!