“Average”

Thai Stick Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 98 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Decided to do take out after reading the reviews and noting that service wasn't that great. His duck fried rice was good. My Musamun curry was average---but heavy on the potatoes and light on the meat. I asked them to spice it medium, but it was still bland.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stopped at Thai Stick for lunch on a Tuesday afternoon; the place was busy but not full, and we were seated right away. However, it took an inordinate amount of time for the server to approach us even to get us drinks. I started with Tom Yam soup and had chicken Pad Thai, both really good. And I'd asked for spicy, and they delivered on that. (A lot of places, I've found, hold back when you ask for something to be "hot," but I'm glad to say Thai Stick didn't.) Hubby had the Massaman curry and enjoyed it, too. Still, again it took the server a while to return and check on us, get us our bill and such . . . And she never asked if we wanted refills on our drinks or anything. Maybe she didn't want us to feel rushed, but we mostly felt a little neglected, especially since by the time we were done the restaurant had begun to empty out so there was no excuse of them being busy.

Okay atmosphere, not particularly romantic or anything. Parking outside can be tight.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have been eating at the Thai Stick for over 10 years now. The food is always fresh, hot, and tasty. I have taken colleagues here, friends, and my husband on my visits to San Francisco. I love the yellow and massaman curries. So very good.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Too bad I cannot give 3.5 stars because I think Thai Stick is a "solid good" choice for Thai food. Service was good and quick, I had the garlic prawns and a half order of egg rolls. It was nice they did have half orders. Try their soju cocktails.

The atmoshpere is OK -- nothing too romantic though. Over all I had a good experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The girl @ front desk @ the Fairfield Inn recommended this restaurant. Service was pretty good. The food was pretty good. The place did have a funky odor though. Smelled of stale food, although the food was clearly not stale. The men's washroom sucked, as they have a urinal right beside a toilet and one sink in such a big space.