Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Aloft San Francisco Airport(Millbrae)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Pool
$139
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Dylan Hotel at SFO(Millbrae)(Great Value!)
$136
$129
$139
$143
2,156 results
All reviewspark and flydeparture snackterrace cafeleave your carsan franciscoupon returngreat parkon site restauranttrain trackssfo airportthe shuttle drivercomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staylong term parkingfree parkingan early flightrooms are clean
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My rating of 5 is for the great park and fly opportunity here. Two weeks of free parking and a courteous shuttle service to and from SFO, which is about 10 minutes away. Even if you add in the cost of accommodations for one night, it's still less expensive then other long-term parking near the airport.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank travelwriter777
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Upon the recommendation of several friends, I stayed at El Rancho to be near the San Francisco airport. I live about 1.5 hours away, and had a 6am flight, so I thought I would stay near the airport. Plus, for a bit more, you can keep your car there for up to 2 weeks, and is included in the price.

The property is well kept, and easy to find. Ample parking. The customer service of the front desk staff was great! They even found me a maintenance worker to cut the lock off my suitcase! Yes, you read that right. My combination lock would NOT work, and I had to have the lock cut off to get into my suitcase. I know, really ridiculous! The staff took all my questions in stride. They were really gracious, kind and helpful.

The room? I had a king size bed, and the room was small. BUT.....it was immaculate. Everywhere! Looked like it had been recently updated. In-room wi-fi worked well. They had a computer in the lobby to use as well. Comfy chairs, cute bathroom. Even though the room was small, the space was used well. The best? The bed! Hands down, the most comfortable bed ever. The sheets were soft. I felt like I was lying on a cloud! Even the pillows were fluffy and new - none of those old lumpy pillows. I was sorry to have to get up at 3am - I just wanted to stay in the bed.

They have a breakfast buffet available after 4:30am, but I had to catch the 4am shuttle, so cannot comment on the food. Speaking of food, it was incredibly difficult to find food in Millbrae. Not much there. Did not try any of the restaurants there. Trader Joe's on Camino Real is the best place to go to get travel food to take along to the airport. They have a Lucky Grocery Store in town, but the food and selection is poor. Hard to find healthy food if that is what you want.

The shuttle to the airport was amazing. The driver came right on time. Handled my luggage. He made several other stops throughout the complex and then on to the suites. At one stop, the guests had not come out of their room, and he was on the phone to the office, who checked in on them. Really great customer service.

The one exception? Pick up at the airport upon return. Called the hotel when I had my luggage. They said it would be 15-20 minutes for the driver to arrive. Well, it took 30 minutes. When the driver Ravi arrived, I stood waiting to get on the shuttle. He was on the phone, and would not open the doors. When he did open them, he made no offer to store my luggage. I had to haul it up the stairs and onto the bus. He did not acknowledge me at all. We arrived back at the hotel, and while waiting for him to get the keys to my car, I asked the other couple on board if he had stored their luggage - he had. I was dropped off at my car, again without any acknowledgment from the driver, Ravi. I returned to the office, and spoke with Roy, the evening supervisor. He took my complaint, offering a huge apology. Told him that this incident really ruined my experience with the hotel.

The takeaway? A really clean, well run, well-staffed hotel with great customer service and awesome beds! The Millbrae area is really not very interesting, and healthy food for travel is hard to find and very limited. Shuttle service was good and bad. Don't think I would return, based on the area and the cost of the room for a night and leaving my car there for 4 days - $169. Think I'll leave from home next time!

Room Tip: Try Trader Joe's on Camino Real for great salads, yogurt, drinks, snacks to eat for meals at the hotel, and to take to the airport for travel. Also note: there are no elevators - so stairs are needed if you have a room on the second floor. First floor rooms are easily accessed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SBSCalifornia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've stayed at several BW hotels this last year and this is by far the best BW hotel I've stayed at in all categories except for location - next to airport. Having said that, the hotel has been recommended to family/friends traveling from SF International if they plan to spend the night in its proximity. Friendly, polite, professional service/fresh, tasty food/clean rooms/good nights' sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Yasmin K
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We always stay at El Rancho when we travel. It has the very best park and fly program around. The shuttle picks you up at your room door and upon return takes you directly to your car. Restaurant/bar are steps away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank coquilts
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent location. Great service. Adequate, clean rooms. TV service quality well below avereage. Nice pre-departure breakfast selection. reliable shuttle service to SFO. What more do you really need?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family