“Best place to stay for Stay, Park and Fly service”

Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Flying in and out of SFO and driving from our home town is usually stressful (leaving home on time - driving back when sleep deprived - not a good idea). The El Rancho is the best solution. This latest trip was international to and from Europe; we were shuttled to the airport, collected upon our return within 15 minutes of calling, and our vehicle was safely watched for the two weeks.

Both times the rooms were just wonderful - clean, comfortable. The reception staff was welcoming and helpful. When we returned, the hotel was was full - but the check-in person was able to get us a lower floor room - after I mentioned that we were a bit worn out from schlepping bags up European hotel stairs, on to trains, etc. (The second floor doesn't have a lift).

The breakfast (departure snack) was really good, as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CALItraveler47
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here in June 2011, and Sep of 2012. It is perfect for those who need your car taken care of if you will be flying out of SFO airport. There is no charge if you plan on returning in less than 14 days. It is clean and affordable. It is about 15 minutes from downtown San Francisco. My wife and I started our vacation with a Giants vs Dogers game on 9/9/12 and would be departing to Maui on 9/10. The shuttle which is also free drops you off at SFO airport and picks you up when returning back from where you have visited. We have have really liked these features and the morning continental breakfast sets you off on your journey. We had only one problem and I write this with the most respect to the staff at this hotel. One of our luggage bags was given to the wrong person when on our way to the airport. The shuttle makes multiple stops and people depart at different terminals. Our bag was handed to someone who did not pay attention and took our bag. This was very difficult for my wife and I being in the process of leaving San Francisco on our anniversary trip. Luckily our bag was located and returned to us within minutes from departure. The hotel was extremely helpfull and showed simpathy to my wife and I. On our return I received a letter from office manager with a full refund and letter of apology and informing me that changes will be made in the procedure for this to not happen to others. I can only say thank you for trying to make it right. We are only human and I will definitely stay with BW in milbrae again.

Room Tip: The pool is heated so if you choose to swim ask for something close to it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nathan p
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We hadn't intended to stay here, but this hotel provided something we needed very much at the time. We were in the check-in line at the airpport when my wife was taken suddenly ill. We missed our evening flight to New Zealand, because the paramedics insisted on taking us to the ER. It was a case of food poisoning, and after some rather offhand treatment at the hospital, we were sent on our way at six the next morning. The flight had been rebooked, but wasn't until ten at night, so we had to find somewhere for her to rest. First place we tried was El Rancho, and they couldn't have been more helpful. Yes, they had a room; yes, we could have it right away. Because she was still feeling seedy, they even got their shuttle bus driver to take us the fifty metres or so to the door. The bed was the most comfortable we have had on six weeks of travelling, and by the evening we were ready to face the rigours of the thirteen-hour flight. Even the train noise was bearable. A big thank you to El Rancho.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We typically stay at an airport hotel at the beginning and tail end of a vacation. This hotel was clean, staff was very courteous. Beds were very comfortable. There are train tracks nearby, which wasn't terrible, but would have been nice to know about in advance.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

On a recent 10 day business trip to Boston with an early departure and a late return, I decided to shed some stress by booking at the El Rancho Inn. It worked for me. I took advantage of their "Sleep and Fly" package with shuttle service in both directions to and from the airport. The website booking didn't work, so try the phone. Shuttle was quick. Service was great. Good helpful people. The hotel is close to the airport and the package rates made it cost effective. Consider the option. In my case, it was a great stress buster.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John S S
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this Property in 2005 & weren't really a fan. But, we Travel a lot & have had bad luck getting good rest at the Hotels closer to the Airport w/ the Planes flying overhead. So, we tried again. I was thrilled to hear they'd fully remodeled & had large Family Suites when I called. It was $185 for our 2-Room Suite - that turned out to be a full Apartment. Which looked like it was right out of 1982 in it's furnishing & simplicity, but it worked! We slept great. The Shuttle was right on time departing - and the wait for them upon return was fine, too. The Breakfast was great & their little Pool was a treat for the little one. But, overall - - nothing to write home about. Will pass on this location next time...

Room Tip: Rooms in the back building look NOTHING like what I saw on their Website...probably NOT the remodele...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. The hotel is clean although the room (764) was a little worn with the entrance mat missing and scuffed wallpaper etc. Bathroom was very small but bed was comfortable. Some pleasant areas to sit outside when the sun is shining and the breakfast was lovely ( worth paying for rather than getting the free one). My major problem is the hotel backs on to the Caltrain commuter rail line and is also parallel to a level crossing. It was without exception the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in - even jetlagged I had real problems sleeping. Very disappointing experience and would not use again or recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, you will be close to the highway but much better than being at the back...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Alison G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Millwood Inn & Suites
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn? Share your experiences!