La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A great stay!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My friends and I had a wonderful stay at this La Quinta Inn. The hotel was very accommodating and placed my group of friends in two adjoining rooms. It is super convenient, with the train station just down the block and SF just a quick train ride away. The hotel also has a nice enclosed free parking garage. The front desk staff is so welcoming and will help you with anything you need. The rooms are clean, spacious, and very reasonably priced, especially compared to the other hotels in the area. Overall, this hotel is great for any type of trip and I definitely will stay here when I visit the area again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 8, 2014

A great choice if you want a convenient, reasonably priced room that takes dogs. Clean, easy to find, close to a range of restaurants. Includes expanded continental breakfast. Pool and workout facility.

Room Tip: Not much road noise, but back is better. Underground parking, so close to an elevator is nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mariposa, California
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel has a lot of pluses, but a fair number of minuses too. I was planning to be in SF for some events, but know that generally hotels in the city are more expensive, and charge for parking on top of that. Add a dog fee on top, and it takes some searching to find good options.

Enter La Quinta Inn SFO West. I have stayed in the other SFO LaQuinta, but wasn't entirely enthused with the area, so thought I'd give this a shot.

Pros: It sounds like they try to place pet owners on the first floor, which means no stairs or elevators with the dogs. No extra pet fee, as is the standard for La Quinta. Clean and spacious rooms. AAA discounts available. Parking is free and on site. Nice gym on site. Customer service friendly (minimal interactions...just check in and check out). The heater worked well. Easy to find location, and easy to get to freeways for SF. There also appeared to me a fair number of restaurants in the area, including one attached to the hotel (didn't go). There's also a Safeway grocery store just down the road if you want to buy your own groceries. Nice tv. Lots of HBO channels and other channels available. Room was very clean.

Cons: This is the noisiest LaQuinta I've stayed at...and I've stayed at a few not just in the Bay Area, but LA as well as Las Vegas. There are definitely single pane windows, so lots of traffic noise audible. Also, a fair amount of conversation audible from other rooms. I have a fair tolerance for noise in hotels, but this seemed like more than usual to me. On the weekend, the breakfast room was PACKED. I grabbed food and took it back to my room. Scrambled eggs, sausage links, waffles, cereals, juices, oranges/apples, bagels.

Meh but ok: I really, really appreciate La Quinta's pet policies, and don't want that to get lost in the next comment. There aren't great places to take the dog out to. Most La Quinta's I've been at have some small area of grass or gravel or something nearby to stroll the dog to. But not so much here. But it was all fine in the end. Just not the ideal situation.

I'm not sure if I'll return or not. The room was much much nicer than the Red Roof Inn near SFO, but with a fairly comparable price, the Red Roof seemed quieter (which is odd because that hotel has runways basically in sight), and has a nice walking path right next to it. I wouldn't recommend against, but might consider checking out a few other options.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Sara and Tina at the desk were very accommodating to our situation for parking. Very, very helpful and gracious!
Room with Queen bed and "Jacuzzi-Like Tub" was perfect, as tub helped us both relax for a good sleep for a stressful next day! Location was easy for us to get to North Beach before 0730, as we left at 0650 with reasonable flow of traffic going North. I certainly will return to this location as well.
Only issue I have with every La Quinta I have stayed at has been the same: Very poor internet speed and gaining access. It wasn't at peak time or a full compliment of guests there. Other managers tell me much hyperbole, but I believe if you up down or sideways to the WiFi system it remains a 'slug'!
We had a great stay here, thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel was just what we had hoped for. It was clean, quiet, and the staff were accommodating. We wanted to adventure in SF without the hassle of city driving and this was perfect. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to BART and BART took us to the center of town in 40 minutes. The room was spacious - we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night to pick my dad from the airport. We availed of the shuttle that goes to the airport which is very helpful since I don't need to drive and park and since the location is near it is just a few min. to the airport. The staff were very helpful, very good customer service which matters a lot. I love the free breakfast where they serve hot sausage and eggs, they have a waffle maker and the other usual stuff. I chose the room with a kitchen for the same price. The kitchen was great, has a big fridge, washer, microwave, a range like a total functioning kitchen. Although I didn't cook it was great that I was able to use a rice cooker to cook rice and did all my re heating at the kitchen. Never had a bad experience here and I would highly recommend it to travelers looking for a place near the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Super 8 San Bruno /SF Intl Arpt West

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West? Share your experiences!