“Great value near SFO”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, WI
“Great value near SFO”
Reviewed September 21, 2008

My wife and I stayed here the last night of our SF trip due to its proximity to the airport, just as we did 10 years ago on our honeymoon. It bills itself as a boutique hotel, but upon arriving, you might be disappointed as it is basically a motor inn. However, the lobby and rooms have been completely renovated since our previous stay, and they did a fine job upgrading them. We stayed in king suite, which was nicely furnished, clean, and comfortable. It was a true suite with a separate bedroom and separate heating/cooling controls for each room. Check-in and check-out were easy. We didn't think the breakfast looked very good, so we ate at the pancake house down the street. For the price, it was a great room.

• Liked — NIce suite, Close to airport
  • Disliked — motor court environment
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
scotland
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We were very pleased with the comfort and convenience of this hotel.Useful breakfast and shutttle although we didnt need these

• Liked — clean and quiet
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
west coast area
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Have been staying here for over 10 yrs. and have never been disappointed!!! Beds to die for,CLEAN,5 star hotel for alot less!!! We will continue to come here...only 20-25 min. from S.F.,Gaints games...

• Liked — 100%
  • Disliked — 0
Chicago
Reviewed August 21, 2008

I booked this place online through our corporate travel site because I needed to stay an extra night in San Fran at the last minute, and it was near the airport and cheap (less than $100). I was expecting a sub-par motel but was very pleasantly surprised. The room was spanking clean with an actual comforter instead of a layer of vellux, and the bathroom was nicer than you would find at a larger chain hotel. The entire property was pretty in a Spanish style and well-maintained. For breakfast the next day, I thought I would have to settle for cold cereal and bread, but was greeted by belgian waffles, three kinds of juice, gourmet coffee, two kinds of eggs, yogurt and more. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a great bargain near the airport. Don't expect the Ritz, but a lot of bang for the buck.

• Liked — clean and good value
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Valley Springs, CA
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Stayed here one night prior to our vacation and used the park n fly for 1 week. The rooms are newly renovated, everything is new and clean. The staff didn't speak much English so there were some communication difficulties. The shuttle to the airport was fine, but when we returned, tired and itching to get home after a long flight, it took about 40 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport. We had to call three times! Don't think we would stay again - the other park n fly hotels had three shuttle busses to their one. The long wait for a ride at the end of the trip really killed the rating on this one.

• Liked — Rooms were newly renovated, clean
  • Disliked — Return trip shuttle bus for park n fly was very slow
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I just needed a park and fly hotel so I could leave my car for 4 nights with a free shuttle to San Francisco airport. The rate was high but not as high as some other park and fly properties. TripAdvisor rating was why I chose this property. The place is an old motel that has been updated so was pleasantly surprised. They did a pretty good job. The beds and couch hide-a-bed were both comfortable. There was a side room without a door, but did have a separate TV, chair, couch and ottoman for relaxing. My husband was able to work on his computer at the small desk in the main room and watch TV, while I watched another program.
Here is the problem for me with this place. The bathroom window bothered me, even though it was frosted glass. I wish it had a curtain. I felt exposed. You could open the sliding window but it opened into a tiny alley with construction rubbish (fire hazard). We were on the lower floor so I didn't feel safe either.
The computer in the lobby wasn't working as it had errors. I think it was running Windows 98! It was so slow as I was tring to stop the program running in error when I arrived at the computer. I gave up. I couldn't get the lobby printer to work from my room either. It wasn't seamless. So, I gave up trying to check in at the airline as I couldn't print my boarding pass.
The place was clean with new furnishings. There was a one cup automatic coffeepot, tiny refrigerator and microwave in the room. I appreciated the motel upgrading me without my asking to the larger room with the small side room that had the twin hide-a-bed. I am a snorer so it allowed me to sleep there to try to not wake my husband in the main room. It worked and the twin couch bed was fairly comfortable.
The motel was a small property but overall I was content. I would not stay in a lower floor room if I was by myself, however. I think there were only a few rooms on an upper floor at the end of the property.

• Liked — small side room with hide-a-bed and TV
  • Disliked — bathroom with no window curtain
Denver
Reviewed August 9, 2008

The location was excellent--access to San Fransisco, beaches, shops, other sightseeing. High quality details in furnishings and conveniences for guests. Excellent breakfast. Polite and friendly desk staff. Very good quality lodging for the price.

• Liked — location and ease of access. Great price
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
The Westin San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!