“Best beds EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, WA
“Best beds EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

You will hate this place if you don't like beds that feel like you're sleeping on soft, fluffy clouds. When I plopped down onto the bed, I kind of expected the typical "meh" kind of motel bed where it's just barely comfortable, and on the firm side. Instead, I sunk down onto the kind of bed that makes you want to go to sleep even if you are wide awake. Huge points for that because I'm pretty sure the majority of guests staying here are doing so before or after flights and need a good night's rest.

Also, a big plus for sleeping: the room gets nice and dark. Good curtains, and decent sound proofing. I never heard our neighbors, not even a toilet flush. Our room was right in front of the paved ramp, so aside from a few roller suitcases going by, that wasn't an issue.

You can tell the place has been around awhile, but it is kept up very well. The bathroom was nice and even the toiletries were decent. I liked having the mini fridge and microwave. They both came in handy when we stored our lunch leftovers to have after a late night return from a concert in Oakland.

The staff at the desk were great and very helpful with directions.

We did not get to have the complimentary breakfast though. It is served from 6:30-9:30am, but we slept in after being out late and had to pack up for our noon flight. Had the breakfast been served a bit later (10:30-11am) we would've been able to take part. I guess that's my only "complaint."

If we ever need to stay near the SFO airport, this will for sure be our first choice of hotels.

Lunch tip: The Sandwich Spot is very good. It's right off El Camino Real on Park Place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Remgirl1
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
I'm so glad to hear you loved our beds! We've been around since 1974, and that's been due to providing a comfortable place for guests to stay while visiting the area. I wish you could've tried the complimentary hot buffet breakfast while visiting, but I hope you'll be able to on your next visit! I'll also keep the feedback on breakfast hours, which are currently 6 am till 9:30am, in mind, too. Thanks for reaching out, and I look forward to having you back again!

Safe travels,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lansing, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed at the Millwood Inn & Suites from Saturday, March 01, 2014 - Saturday, March 08, 2014.
What a great place !!! The owner, Vijay Patel, takes great pride in this property, and so does his staff. I met him in the parking lot, told him I had read other reviews of the Millwood Inn & Suites, before booking. As we were talking he asked if I had any thoughts on making improvements, I suggested adding blinds to the existing window coverings, he asked me to follow him...he showed me a room in which they were installing privacy shades !!! This guy is great !!! Cleaning staff is fantastic...during our week long stay our room was always left very clean and orderly fashion, I also noticed the staff cleaning the concrete floor boxes that adorn the parking lot area. The breakfast items are what you would get at any Choice, Hampton, etc. The Inn is located close to several restaurants (many within walking distance). Highly recommend the Millbrae Pancake House, right next door.
Many thanks to Vijay, and his entire staff !!!
Mark M. Lansing, MI

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mpmiller
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
It was great meeting you, Mark! As a small independent inn, I really appreciate you taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor. All of us sincerely want our guests to enjoy a fantastic stay, so I appreciate your suggestion about the blinds. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Take care,
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a motel that has been here for a while but you wouldn't know it to look at it. It is maintained beautifully both outside and inside. There are, what, thousands of older motels across the country that should look here for possibilities. Our room was fairly large with king bed, two comfortable chairs, and an updated bathroom. A continental breakfast with plenty of choices (eggs, bacon, waffle maker, pastries, juice, etc.) is included. For us, there were no negatives. We will return on our next trip to the San Francisco area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
It's truly an honor to hear that we set the standard for motels across the country. As you mentioned, we maintain our rooms with modern and beautiful decor so that our guests enjoy a fantastic stay. It's nice to know you appreciate it. Hope you get a chance to visit San Francisco again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have been staying here for several years whenever we come to town for flights out of SFO. The have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. They are very accommodating and have gone way out of their way to make our says pleasant. Love the on sight laundry room and the airport shuttle.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Ursamaya,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us whenever you're traveling through SFO. I'm delighted to hear that our beds are the most comfortable beds you've ever slept in. It's been a pleasure hosting you, and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Boston MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great comfort for a reasonable price. Small room, but all I wanted to do was sleep, and the bed was great. It was hard to get out of it at 4 a.m. for my flight. Microwave as well as fridge, free wifi, free airport shuttle.

Not much choice of eatery within walking distance, but very good pizza at Tito's.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thanks for recommending us! It's our goal to provide clean and comfortable rooms for an affordable price, so I'm glad that's exactly what you experienced. Hope you get a chance to travel to San Francisco again soon!

All the best,
San Rafael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We have stayed at this Inn several times. We also take advantage of their free parking for up to 2 weeks with one night's stay. The one thing about the parking that makes it special, is they allow you to stay parked near the room and not require you to go to an out of the way back lot. Their rooms are clean and well equipped with the normal amenities. They also provide a good continental breakfast and good shuttle service to the airport. Although on a main street, the rooms are quiet and comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Some rooms only have showers. Ask for a room with bath if that's your desires.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DonWatty
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thanks for recommending us, Don! I'm delighted to hear that from our convenient parking to our clean rooms, you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. As a small independent inn, I really appreciate you choosing to stay with us whenever you're in town. Looking forward to your next visit!

All the best,
Georgetown, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Wow! Our entire experience, from check in to breakfast to check out was great. It's privately owned and beautifully maintained. The bed was the most comfortable of our 2 week stay in California.

We can encourage others to get outside of the comfort zone of chain hotels and experience a one of a kind spot. So much more satisfying to pay a family than a franchise.

Getting to the airport was a breeze in the morning.

We'll stay again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room farther from the highway and had no road noise. Restaurants are within a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm honored to hear that from check in to check out, you enjoyed a wonderful stay with us. As a small independent inn, I really appreciate you recommending us over the big chains. Hope you get a chance to visit California again soon!

Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!