“Just What It Says It Is”

Millwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This property delivered exactly what it promised. The room was clean and nice to stay in. There's no luxury here, but you don't pay a small fortune either. They could improve the quality of their free breakfast however. It's very average and on some days there was no oatmeal available.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William S
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us, William. It's our goal to offer our guests a clean and comfortable room for an affordable price. Accordingly, I'm glad to know that's what you experienced. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through the Bay Area!

Best,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The good:
- Relatively good value, not overly expensive
- Free shuttle service (can be slow though)
- Very clean
- Comfortable bed
- Excellent service from the owner. The shuttle was running late on our way to back to the airport. Owner provide us a ride to the airport instead.

This is a renovated motel type lodging and that's what it looks like from the outside.

Coming from a trip from Asia (where hotels provide complimentary bottled water), I requested a complimentary water. I had been tired from the long flight and forgot to buy water. Well, the staff open the sink and gave me a cup of tap water (I was expecting a complimentary bottled water!)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mic C
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. It's nice to know you appreciated our helpful service. We go out of our way to make sure our guests have an exceptionally comfortable stay. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through San Francisco!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Cozy little inn that is clean & affordable. Beds are very comfortable and the property is well maintained. They offer breakfast included with your hotel night stay - and they've got a good spread for kids and adults! Free WiFi. Easy parking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dj-Marq
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thanks for recommending us! It's our goal to offer our guests clean and comfortable rooms for an affordable price. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through SFO!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

arrived late, so we wanted to stay in a hotel close to the airport for the night. based on tripadvisor feedback, we found this hotel of very good value.

the hotel room is newly furnished, neat and clean. even with jetlag, we managed to have some decent sleep. the breakfast is also nice. i enjoyed making my own waffle. and best of all, the hotel is so close to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wynsum
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. Considering you'd just gotten off a long flight, I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed such a comfortable and relaxing stay. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through San Francisco!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Small Hotel near airport with friendly service, comfortable rooms and reasonably priced.
There is a shuttle available (no charge) every half hour to get you to the airport. There are a lot of restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tina S
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you Tina! It's our goal to offer our guests comfortable rooms and exceptional service for an affordable price. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through SFO!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had just arrived off an 11hr flight to sfo with my husband and young baby, hoped to get the shuttle bus to the hotel and sleep, went to the hotel shuttle bus pick up area and waited in the cold for an hour and a half!!! Rang the hotel four times in this time to be met with a rude and unsympathetic receptionist who kept telling us we must be missing the bus?? How when we didnt move Im not sure?? Even when I told her it was freezing cold and we had a baby with us she didnt seem to care and just kept repeating the same thing not listening to me. When eventually we did get to the hotel- we picked our car hire up a day early and drove ourselves!!! the room was nice and appeared clean until I decided to unwind with a nice hot bath and found it full of someone elses pubic hair! :-/ the sink also had a bit of dental floss in it, which seeing as neither myself or my husband use dental floss was quite disgusting. I checked the sheets and went straight to bed. On the plus side the breakfast was nice..

Room Tip: Check its clean first!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Zeva90
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I'm shocked to hear you had such an unpleasant experience with us. I completely understand how frustrating it is to wait that long for a shuttle, especially after traveling that long with a baby. I agree that it's unacceptable to be met with rude service, and I'll be sure to address your experience with the front desk. I'll make sure to talk to our housekeeping staff as well. We normally clean our rooms very thoroughly, so there's no excuse for your bathroom to be left in that state. Hopefully, we'll be able to learn from our mistakes to prevent your experience from happening again.

Best,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Got a two-room suite ... with wife & 4 kids. Very good place to stay and explore SF. Rooms are very quiet and service is efficient and friendly. Close to many good eateries and Safeway too :) Hot breakfast is ok ... pastries, waffles, bacon/sausage, potatoes, etc. Loved the small but sufficient fitness room and also with 4 small kids - the laundry room within the hotel is very helpful :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DanielMelody L
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thanks Daniel! I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciated their friendly and efficient service. The next time you're in the Bay Area, be sure to keep us in mind!

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!