“Excellent service”

Millwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Well maintained clean and comfortable.

The customer service was excellent they allowed us to check in at 9am after an early morning flight, they even called us when the shuttle arrived so we could start our day out in San Francisco.

The next morning we checked out at around 5 am and the lady at the desk offered us coffee and breakfast to go, again more great service.

I would defiantly recommend this hotel as the guest always comes first.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AmyPenno
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for recommending us. We really do operate under the philosophy that our guests always come first. As such, I'm pleased to know you felt that way. The next time you're in the San Francisco area, be sure to keep us in mind!

There are newer reviews for Millwood Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I booked this based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. With a 7:15 flight, we had to get an early start. Arrived in the afternoon and left at 5:15 am, and we left for most of the evening to go to a Sharks game, so we weren't here much. It was small but clean and quiet. However, the toilet backed up and I was offered a plunger because the woman at the desk was the only person on site. As we were about to leave to go into rush hour traffic to go to the game, I didn't have time to wait for her to finish her phone call and go get it. (Plus, I'm on vacation - I didn't expect to have to plunge the toilet of the room I was paying for.) So that night and in the morning we had a backed up toilet. I mentioned it in the morning at checkout and thought maybe I'd be offered a small adjustment on my bill but no offer. However, I still recommend this hotel for a short visit.

I have seen a number of comments about the location not being so nice. It's no resort area, but it also isn't downtown Newark, NJ, either.

1  Thank travelgirl88

Thanks for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to know you found your room clean, quiet and comfortable. On the other hand, I apologize for the issues regarding your toilet. We usually take care of those kinds of issues, so I'm sorry you were left to handle it on your own. I'll be sure to address your experience directly with the staff so that we can better serve our guests going forward.

Best,

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked this motel for two reasons. First, it was probably the closest to the International terminal as any other hotel. Second, for the prices charged, all the reviews on trip advisor said that this was a great little place to overnight while waiting for an international flight.

I was not disappointed. While the room was a little small, the details in the design and cleanliness of the room more than made up for it. The AC units, while wall units (which are typically noisy and clunky) were new - and QUIET. The room was immaculately clean. The bed was comfortable, and while the bathroom was small, again, it was well designed. The shower was pure heaven - the water pressure was great (unlike so many other hotels in California).

I was debating if I should skip breakfast and go straight to the Airport to eat. I'm glad I didn't. Breakfast, like the rest of the motel was a very pleasant surprise - they even had cheese omelets on their buffet!

This motel was just the ticket for my international layover. I'm not sure I would stay there for an extended length of time - because it's not located in the best neighborhood. But it was a surprisingly good place to overnight.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David M
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hi David,

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to know we lived up to your high expectations. We put a lot of thought into the design of our rooms, so I'm glad you thought your room was clean, comfortable and inviting.

I hope you had a pleasant flight back home. The next time you're in the San Francisco area, be sure to keep us in mind.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I attended a workshop 3 hours north of San Francisco and wanted to spend the night near the airport. I found Millwood on the internet and decided to try it. This is a charming little hotel that is highly recommendable. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. The place is extremely clean. The rooms are well appointed and very clean. They include a breakfast buffet that has something for everyone and is very good. There's free transport to and from the airport. All in all, this hotel is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for recommending us. We really do try to offer our guests an excellent value for the money, so it's nice to know you felt that way. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciate their friendly and helpful service. I hope you enjoyed your workshop, and I look forward to your next trip to San Francisco.

Take care,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were really impressed from start to finish with this hotel. We arrived early from a flight and we were aware check in wasn't for a few hours but the gentleman on reception managed to get us a room ready. As we had been up since 3am it was perfect to nap. We mentioned we wanted to get the shuttle back to the airport to get the BART into San Francisco and he was very friendly and advised us how often it would be. When in the room he kindly rung to advise it was there, just another point which made our stay so pleasurable. The room was clean and came with many amenities including cable tv, huge tv, fridge microwave and coffee machine. Chocolates in the room also were an added bonus. Up early in the morning we had the shuttle booked which arrived on time. The lady on reception told us to grab a coffee which was much needed with it being 515am. Overall we were extremely impressed with our stay and all the staff we encounter, if we needed to stay in Milbrae again this is where we will be booking.

Stayed: March 2013

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm honored to know you were impressed by us "from start to finish," and that you plan to stay with us the next time you're in Milbrae. From our attentive service to our convenient amenities, we do what we can to make sure all our guests have a wonderful stay. Hope you had a great trip!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

- Rooms were better than expected, very clean, modern, comfortable beds, large screen TV's
- Offered three double beds in addition to suites for families of five.
- had good breakfest which is included in price
- recommend staying there, close to airport

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thanks Cathy! It's nice to know you were pleasantly surprised by us. Even though we're a small inn, we make sure to outfit our rooms with modern amenities and clean and comfortable beds. The next time you're visiting the San Francisco area, be sure to keep us in mind!

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

the Millwood Inn is close to SFO airport, but very quiet . The rooms have all been newly renovated and are so comfortable. They now offer flatscreen Samsung TVs, I home for your iphone or ipod, very comfortable beds and nice bathrooms.
Breakfast is included and offers a good selection.
Really a very recommendable hotel and prices are sooo reasonable.

Room Tip: the junior suites are really a good deal
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hi Susanne,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. It's our goal to offer modern and comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The next time you're visiting the San Francisco area, be sure to keep us in mind!

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Aloft San Francisco Airport
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!