“Great stay near SFO”

The Dylan at SFO
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed for one night on business prior to catching a flight home. Location is excellent if you're flying out, rooms are renovated, clean and well appointed. Staff was helpful, shuttle to the airport was a nice touch. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here the night before an early morning flight. The shuttle picked us up and in less than 10 minutes we were at the airport. Upon getting our luggage and watching the shuttle drive away my husband realized that he didn't have his briefcase, which had all of our travel documents inside. A quick call back to the hotel, Michael went out and located the briefcase! He gave it to the driver of the next shuttle and within 15 minutes we had the briefcase and all of our documents. Michael saved our vacation! We will be back to this very comfortable and accommodating hotel. Very comfortable beds and clean!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Good quality, clean, friendly hotel. 10 minutes from SFO with reliable 24hr shuttle service.
5 min walk to BART (Millbrae). City center is a bit far - in total 40 mins including walking and waiting at BART, but the price is much lower than in the city. Breakfast reasonable. Wi fi free and very fast and reliable. Staff and reception very helpful. Room big enough. Clean bathroom. Bed and pillows very comfortable. No outside noise (on the 3rd floor)Digital TV. Room safe big enough for small laptop. Fast food joints close by including Walgreens, Subway and Starbucks.
Only thing which I find strange is an extra $1,50/day for the room safe.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room is probably the quietist
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel was great value for a night's sleep close to the airport. Really easy to walk to from Millbrae BART station. Prompt check-in, easy to book the airport shuttle, which was on time and only about a 7 minute drive to SFO. We were the last pick-up. The room was clean, and obviously recently renovated. A bit of an issue with the shower spraying over the floor, but I mentioned it to the front desk upon checkout and they seemed appreciative. Good sized tv, lots of channels, the MOST comfortable bed and pillows! Lots of USB and regular plugs by the bed for charging. Great alarm clock which lights up the time when you wave your hand in front of it...perfect for me, as I kept waking up through the night thinking I'd missed my airport shuttle! Breakfast wasn't supposed to start until 7, but it was laid out by 6 when I checked out, which was really nice! I felt it was a safe enough neighbourhood, walked from the station both in daylight and at night, although there were taxis waiting there I could have taken. Less than a 5-minute walk though. Walgreen's across the street and a Japanese restaurant next door. I'd stay here again if I were catching a morning flight.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I wanted a nice room relatively cheap with a shuttle service. The reviews looked good so I looked at the prices on line then called them direct. Yep, they matched it, which is somewhat rare in my experience.

What was really nice was that this is (probably) an older hotel that has been remodeled. AND they did it right. Fixtures are nice and build quality is great. Bed was comfortable, sheets were nice and even the pillows were good. Room was a little small, no tub but a very good shower.

We got in kinda late, so all the restaurants (there are tons) were all closed. Went back to the room and ordered pizza (there are several places in the room directory that deliver) it was good and it was reasonable. Went to sleep, woke up rested. Went downstairs for the breakfast (included) made waffles, but the shuttle showed up before my girlfriend could eat hers. The shuttle left. . .oh no! No problem the guy behind the counter calls a cab, apologizes and pays for the cab. Another traveler jumped in the cab too because of the "mere pause" of the shuttle. Then another shuttle shows up. Ooopsy.

Oh the breakfast! Just the usual hotel breakfast but the waffles were the best I have ever had at a hotel breakfast. Weird.

Bottom line? I will stay here again. I used to stay at a different hotel when I needed to leave my car. I'll stay here next time.

I do wish they had a hot tub. . .

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at the Dylan in Millbrae one evening between flights from Chicago and to Honolulu. We called the shuttle when we arrived at the airport and only had to wait a few minutes until the van arrived. The Dylan is 5 minutes from SFO. There is an outside area to sit and catch some fresh air outside the lobby. The lobby is large enough to accommodate one while checking in or out. The dining area is cozy and breakfast is hot and cold foods. The rooms are small and freshly updated with USB ports, plugs for electronics, a glassed in shower and area with coffee maker. A large mural was painted on the wall across from our room. There is free parking and complimentary computer/printer services. David and Mike, night and day representatives, were friendly and full of information. The price is right, the location close to SFO and the rooms were comfy.

1  Thank Pam Y
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I found this hotel thanks to Trip Advisor reviews, and now can add my recommendation. It's a very good hotel to stay at - the rooms are spacious and scrupulously clean, the beds very comfortable, and the bathroom in excellent condition. Also, the sound-proofing is the best I've experienced in quite a while. Yes, you still hear planes taking off, but it's a dull roar - not shaking you out of bed.

The breakfast was quite good; fresh fruit, instant oatmeal, two kinds of cold cereal, waffles, bagels/muffins, and of course coffee and juice. My only hesitation - and the reason I didn't give it five stars - was that there was a lightbulb that burned all night outside our room, at the roof of the patio. No switch. Why oh why put a lightbulb there so it can light through the cracks in the draperies? I called the front desk, and the man told me people fussed all the time about those lights, but he couldn't turn them off, either.

All kinds of restaurants are within walking distance, as well as some shopping. Walgreens is right across the street, and 7-11 just down the block. Plus, of course, the BART and Cal-Train are right behind the hotel. As an FYI, it costs about $7 per person to right the BART and takes about an hour. Make sure you buy the BART tickets, not the Cal-Train. It's easy to get confused and use the wrong ticket machine. If you take a cab into the city, expect to pay about $50.

Excellent hotel value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TheFlyingMommy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame

Been to The Dylan at SFO? Share your experiences!