“The single most disgusting dining experience......ever!”
Review of La Petite Camille

La Petite Camille
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The best I can say is the service was fine. Everything in the place is filthy. Our table was smeary, my napkin and placemat were icky and they told me they were 'clean'. My daughter's drinking glass had bright lipstick on the edge. We had a beef dish served to us, my daughter picked some to serve on to her plate and it dangled with a big, long, curly black hair! I almost vomited. The floors are filthy. Someone has attempted to clean the mirrors on the walls, but they have just smeared and streaked them. WHERE IS THE HEALTH DEPT? They should be shutting this place down.

2  Thank sjansenavon

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The crab and asparagus soup was gloopy, tasteless and just unpleasant. I was desperately wondering how to give it back without offending the chef, but happily my entrée arrived after only a couple of spoonfuls, so I was able to push it aside.

The special rice in clay pot wasn't much better. There were two shrimp, canned mushrooms and some over-cooked, dry chicken. It was edible, but not particularly enjoyable.

I really don't understand the good reviews. It was really inferior Vietnamese food in an area with so many great Asian restaurants.

1  Thank GluttonChops
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I first went to the Petite Camille with my friend's mom, who we were dropping off at the airport that day around lunch time. She highly recommended it, said it was fantastic food, and she was right. We very much enjoyed it.

Coincidence had it that we had a layover in SFO for about 8 hours about a month after that. We had 3 large bags, as we were flying internationally: we had two large rolling bags and a hiking backpack. Instead of forking out something silly like 20 dollars and hour to store our bags at the airport, we decided to bring them in to the city with us.

We got to the train station, and realized we had some time, so we decided to get some lunch. We soon realized we were right next to the Petite Camille, and definitely were keen to go there again! We were served by a very friendly man who was curious where we were going with all of our bags. He made a point of coming back to us several times during our meal and having a very nice chat with us.

When we mentioned we were going in to the city, he then said, "With your bags? No, no, just leave your bags here! We are open late and I am the last person here, so just come back in when you are finished with your day in town." We were so thankful! It was so nice checking out the waterfront without 3 ginormous bags in tow.

And when we got back, our bags were there, they hadn't been touched, everything was absolutely fine. We told them thank you, and I've been meaning to leave a review ever since.

I am not all suggesting that every international traveller should start using La Petite Camille as a luggage locker, but I was VERY impressed with the customer service! It definitely made them memorable. And as I've said before, we loved the food as well! Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would've gone back here to eat over and over if it had worked out. The place was packed but they got us a table right away. Service was great and the food came out fast. My husband had the catfish noodle soup and I had the chicken with coconut and curry , so very good! Prices for SF area was unbelievable.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

A friend and I shared several dishes and appetizers. Each was fabulous. Sate, Vietnamese Crepe, BBQ Beef with Lemongrass, and sauteed prawns and broccoli over rice. So many choices, but I will be back to try other menu items. Nice location near the Millbrae BART station.