“Old time standard choice”

Millbrae Pancake House
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visiting this place since I was a kid. Nothing has changed and happy for that.One of the best pancakes I have ever tried.Always hard to find table.

There are newer reviews for Millbrae Pancake House

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This noisy, packed and very popular place serves breakfast to families from early morning. The buttermilk pancakes are a bit dry so prefer the Swedish pancakes for an exotic touch. If queuing puts you off, come early to get a table and a parking spot.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

If I had not read the other Trip Advisor ratings before visiting, I might not have stayed once I arrive and was seated.

Staff were all very friendly.
We were serviced efficiently and quickly
The food - especially the PANCAKES, were excellent (although I was there for breakfast)

What didn't quite work for me was the dark, dingy and dirty looking inside of the restaurant. Vents in the ceiling showed years of dust, and just looked like it not been painted in a while. If you don't mind the décor - I would stop for a stack of pancakes.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My son had the Denver omelette and it was fine. I had something called a 'crepe,' which was rubbery and had a weird flavor maybe of old grease.

The place is noisy and old smelling. Kids probably like it, but it's not a place to go if you want to talk over a cup of coffee. The decor is something out of the 60s and looks very tired.

Our server never came back to the table to ask how things were and never offered more coffee (the person busing the tables was more helpful). We eventually had to get his attention, which was difficult, to even get the bill, and then he seemed annoyed at us.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stopped here on the way to SFO for dinner based on other TripAdvisor reviews. The place looks a little run down, so we didn't expect much. Ordered a regular stack of pancakes, which happens to be 5 pancakes! I could only finish 2, but they are fluffy and doughy and delicious! Would definitely go back there again and again... all other pancakes don't compare!