Aloft San Francisco Airport
$146
$139
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Dylan at SFO(Millbrae)
$119
$149
$139
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn(Millbrae)(Great Value!)
$146
$157
$140
Ritz Inn(San Bruno)
$129
Hotel Aura San Bruno(San Bruno)(Great Value!)
$120
$134
$125
All reviewspool tableboard gamesbliss productslobby barparking lotsliding doorparking feesan franciscoself servefull serviceindoor poolfree shuttlelight sleeperrooms are modernfood optionscomfortable bedrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed here 3 nites for ~$200/nite during a Dec 2013 business trip. It was my first stay at this hotel and won't be my last -- a great room, excellent location, and the facilities that I need (exercise room, convenient access to mass transit). This was my first stay at an aloft, and they truly are mini-W's, as advertised. A bit more spartan, a bit more business, certainly a lower price point. And that's what I was looking for.

Room
---
All rooms have the same layout & space, I was told by the front desk. I stayed on the 6th floor, with windows overlooking SFO and a portion of 101. Overall, it's an excellent room & quite large at about 500 sq. ft. A comfy king bed, the usual flat screen TV, a desk area and and a large open-style BA. The BA has a separate space for the WC+shower, inside of the large BA space. (I don't recall if there was a door to close off the WC+shower area.) The entire BA can be closed off via a sliding door. It's a modern touch but note that it means a bit less privacy than a standard door-on-hinges. There is a space for hanging shirt/pants inside a wardrobe-like construct inside the BA, not as large as a closet in a traditional hotel but enough room for 4-5 garments.

---
I didn't use many hotel services, save for ordering small bites once from the lobby bar area. My interactions with the staff were certainly pleasant. I did take the airport shuttle to/from the airport, which ran on something like an every-20-min schedule.

Hotel facilities
---
The hotel has an outdoor pool, an exercise room and a fairly large gathering area off of the lobby, with a bar with flat screen TVs behind it tuned to cable news + misc. sports.

I used the exercise room. The equipment is in very good shape, and there are room temperature & chilled towels.

I had a bite to eat one evening in the lobby area. It's a nice area -- a gas fireplace in the center on a wall, lots of different seating areas & configurations and a pool table. There were people gathered at the adjacent bar, so the space has some energy but w/out the nightclub-like buzz of a W. The menu is small as the aloft doesn't have full out cooking facilities (by design) and thereore offers items that can be warmed up. (If you want a broader menu, the Westin Millbrae is across the parking lot and has a traditional full-service eatery.) I forget what I had but recall that it was fairly priced and tasty for what it was.

Location
---
The hotel is just south of SFO, with some rooms overlooking SFO's runways and others looking onto the back of the sister hotel, the Westin Millbrae. It's right off of 101, roughly midway between San Francisco and Menlo Park, the 2 places I visit on business trips to the area. Plus, it's a very easy 10 min walk the Millbrae Caltrain/BART station. For my needs, it's very well located, as it gives me a central place to stay and eliminates the need to change hotels.

Misc
---
A cabbie told me this hotel used to be a Clarion. The owner did a great gutting/renovating as it feels like a brand new building. The staff I interacted with were very nice -- I didn't need much from them but appreciated that they were cheery during all of our interactions. I'm a Starwood Gold and was given a $15 voucher to use at the hotel's "re:Fuel" grab-and-go area -- they have a selection of pre-made sandwiches, beverages, etc.

What I liked best
---
Convenience to the Caltrain/BART. The size, quality, and layout of the room.

What I liked least
---
aloft's are not designed to have full-service restaurants or kitchens, but it would've been nice to order room service after a long day @the office. I went to the restaurant @the Westin instead (which is fairly priced, pretty good and very close by) so wasn't bad.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same layout but that's not a bad thing as they are very spacious w/comfy beds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sanjeev B
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight stay on the way to Hawaii. Prompt shuttle to Hotel, Driver was a little aggressive with the luggage placement ..causing some stomping on exposed feet.
Easy check-in....lovely room with Airport view....reasonably quiet.
The room was spotless, spacious shower and Bliss amenities.
The Hotel is a stone's throw from the Fabulous New England Lobster Company for a super fresh Lobster roll...not to be missed.
Front desk staff were very helpful with directions and accommodating on check-out.
Return Airport Shuttle was on time with helpful driver.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stopover on your way to beautiful Hawaii! We hope your trip was relaxing. Cheers!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Finding the free shuttle was easy, the guy on board helped with my bags, I was checked in and in my room within 4 mins of getting off the bus and the friendly chap on reception directed me to a great little coffee shop 10 mins walk away for breakfast. All in all a super efficient and plesant stay.
There was however some aircraft noise early morning. That's to be expected as you cant be this conviently close to the airport and expect a quiet lie-in :)

Room Tip: Try and get one on the opposite side from the runways
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be helpful and accommodating. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport and offers free shuttle to and from all terminals. It is also close to the BART station. The modern appeal is chic and fun. The room was clean. However the service was poor. I booked a King size bed but by the time I checked in after flight delays they gave me two fulls. They were not able to accommodate my reservation. This was entirely frustrating. Then in the morning after promised free breakfast, it was charged to my credit card anyways. The pools were small and hard to get it. This hotel was more focused on being a trendy lounge than accommodate their guests. I will not stay at an Aloft again. I suggest the Westin literally next door.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura Jean S
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

We apologize that we were not able to accommodate you with a king bed guest room. We would like to take care of the breakfast charge on your credit card, so please contact me directly so we can fix it. Chris, General Manager, coffutt@aloftsfoairport.com

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

This boutique hotel is close to the airport and the BART station. It's lobby and rooms are fresh and unique. There is no onsite restaurant but then who travels to SF to eat in a hotel! We always try to find a place to stay that reflects the city we are in (no generic chains) and this hotel IS San Francisco.

• Stayed: October 2013
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the style and design of our hotel. Cheers!