Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Front desk is not helpful. I arrived with tons of luggages and the staff was not helpful to find me a spot to park my car in the hotel. She said carpark is full and I have to park outside along the main road. This means I have to unload all my luggages to the room which is so unnecessary afterall I am checking out next morning to catch my flight. The bed mattress sinks in the center.

Thankfully I had a good experience with the one in Capitola. Otherwise, I would think all Fairfield Inn has that level of service.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon T
Janice250, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

On behalf of the entire staff at the Marriott Fairfield inn & Suites SFO, we would like to apologize for your unfortunate experience at our hotel. Our beds are only three years old and our one of the highest rated beds in the hospitality industry; therefore, we appreciate your feedback and will investigate whether the bed in your room is in need of replacement. As for the parking, we do sincerely apologize about the situation that occurred during your stay. The hotel had a large group of individuals staying at the hotel. Unbeknownst to the hotel at the time the rooms were booked, each room that was rented to the group had an average of two to three cars per occupied room parked at the hotel. Since the hotel was sold out during your particular stay, the parking lot was in fact completely filled. We have never experienced such a situation before. However, we have since implemented procedures to avoid such adverse situations in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Over the years, we've stayed in a number of hotels near the San Francisco Airport. This one beats the rest for location and value. It's as close as the higher priced, high-rise hotels, but if you're just staying overnight before going on, what more do you need than friendly, helpful staff and a clean room in a good location? It's not only convenient to the airport but in walking distance to shops, a post office and restaurants. And it offers suites, so you can spread out, repack, watch TV, have a little privacy from your partner if needed, whatever comes to mind in such nicely expanded space. This will be our choice at SFO from now on.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Selected just for location near SFO and Marriott Points. Threadbare. In kind of sketchy neighborhood. Flanked by a Taco Bell and car repair shop.

Linens smelled musty, water tasted metallic, bathroom floor slimy, bathtub slippery. All big negatives.

Even upgrade to suite brought nothing you would Exocet except more televisions and space.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank KARXPRT
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel truly for transit purposes.
The hotel offers airport shuttles and it's only a 10 min drive (or even less).

My room was pretty big, and it was clean and well kept.

I think restaurants in the area aren't that great (so overpriced!) but at least you have a few options to choose from.

Overall, it's a good airport hotel.

Room Tip: I don't really have any tips, I think all rooms pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here one night before flying out at 6 am the next morning. The location is surprisingly quiet; we heard no airport noise while we stayed there. The impeccably dressed shuttle driver left on time at 4:35 am and was professional and cheerful. We missed the hotel breakfast by leaving so early. While this hotel is a little dated, it was clean and pleasant. There are some restaurants across the street if you are without a car, as we were. Just a little farther down the street are more stores, drug store, grocery store, etc. We were staying free using points, so I can't say if this hotel was priced well or not.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I spent a week here recently and I have nothing bad to say about the property. It was my third time there and I'd definitely return. Room was clean and relatively quiet with the exception of occasional noise from the airport when planes were taking off in a certain direction, but overall, a very pleasant stay. On the plus side there are some very nice restaurants nearby (Asian/Thai/Italian) just a short walk away and there was a Peet's Coffee nearby as well. Parking is convenient underneath the property. It is very convenient to the airport as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful whenever I needed anything. There is also a train station less than a mile away which is very convenient.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room away from the street if possible. The three times I have stayed I have been o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

$279/night for this place? Seriously? Rooms are small and old. Bathroom sink was rusty. Train went by and shook my room. And not a great location either.

I don't plan to stay here ever again. The front desk staff was nice...that's about the only good thing I can say about this property.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ImJohnHime
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Aloft San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Millbrae
The Westin San Francisco Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae? Share your experiences!