Unfortunately, we were disappointed with our stay. This was our first time staying at a Fairfield Inn but thought it was a safe bet because of the Marriott name. The location was the best part. Many good local restaurants within a few blocks. Hotel staff has a map available and will offer suggestions to help you find a restaurant. The room and hotel were very clean. The best part about the self-sevice breakfast buffet was that it was included in the price of the room. It would have been easier to accept if they didn't try to offer hot foods. The bacon was so thin you could see through it and the scambled eggs were fake. The next mornig had sausage patties that were okay. The buffet line was cramped and difficult to navigate especially when the kitchen staff of one was trying to come out of the kitchen. The door was right next to the bread and toaster where people would be standing. The kitchen staff would open the door and require you to move out of the way so they could get through. Not an ideal situation with people reaching around each other to get to food like it was their last meal. Bread was left in the toaster as I waited to put my toast in. I finally got tired of waiting and decided to pass on the toast. As I was finishing my breakfast, I noticed a hotel staff member walk in and take the toast and walk out of the dining area. So, that was the reason the toaster was unavailable. As I entered the lobby, I noticed this person working ther front desk, answering the phone, checking out customers and eating her toast. Short on staffing? Not the Marriott image I always had. Now to the room. We had a king room. The living area was too crowed with a desk, TV stand/microwave, sofa, chair, two end tables and coffee table. Get rid of the chair, coffee table and one end table. The one-cup coffee maker was in the bathroom. It appeared this was because there wasn't an electrical outlet near the TV stand/microwave, which had plenty of space. Think of all the challenges associated with making one cup of coffee at a time, in the mornig, in the bathroom! At least the coffee aroma doubled as an air freshener. The heater/air conditioner wall unit was not the type you could set at a certain temp. You had to guess where to set the dial at blue for cold, red for hot. As the air blew out and up, it would blow the window curtains open. So, you had to decide if you wanted the public to see you or if you needed the air or heat.There were 2 flat screen TVs with Direct TV (one in the crowded living area and one on the dresser in the sleeping area). The two areas were seperated by the bathroom door that opened outward. You had to have the bathroom door completely open or closed, otherwise it became an obstacle to get by or prevented access to the closet. Walls and floor were thin. We woke up and went to sleep with the heavy feet in the room above us. There was just one coin operated washer and dryer on the third floor. It cost $3.50 for one small wash load and $3.00 for 45 mimutes of dryer use. Even with the high price, people were waiting to use the washer and dryer. I guess we were lucky to have one available. Yes, there was same day dry cleaning services, but that was too pricey. The elevator seemed to be on it's last leg. Very slow and noisey. In summary, the hotel was clean, service was good at the front desk, free reliable airport shuttle, but it just fell short of what we expected from a hotel with the Marriott name. You could probably do better at the Best Western down the road. The pictures on their web site are accurate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is conveniently located just one mile west of San Francisco International Airport and twelve miles south of Downtown San Francisco. The property is within minutes of popular attractions such as Candlestick Park, AT&T Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Union Square, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Silicon Valley and Oakland are only twenty minutes away.Complimentary amenities with each stay include Fairfield Inn's signature Early Eats Breakfast Buffet, free airport shuttle service and free printing, faxing, and copying services in our Business Library. All of the hotel's guestrooms are oversized and have a separate living and sleeping area that are decorated in warm contemporary colors. Each room is equipped with free high-speed internet access, two 32" flat panel televisions, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a large executive desk with an ergonomic chair. After a hectic day of travel or business, guests can unwind in the hotel's therapy outdoor whirlpool spa or workout in the hotel's fully equipped executive fitness room. The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott's also within a very short walking distance to both historic Downtown Millbrae and the Millbrae BART and Caltrain Station. Historic Downtown Millbrae has a large collection of boutique and antique shops, restaurants, spas, national retailers, and entertainment. The Millbrae BART and Caltrain Station provides convenient and inexpensive Caltrain and BART train service to Downtown San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, and the Silicon Valley. Additional recreational activities such as golf, biking, hiking, rock climbing, and sailing are nearby. San Francisco and Napa tours can be booked from the hotel with free round-trip tour pick-up and drop off service from/to the hotel. Park Stay and Go Packages are available that include a one night stay with all amenities plus up to fourteen days of additional parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites San Francisco Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel Millbrae
- Quality Inn Millbrae
- Quality Hotel Millbrae