“My grandchildren are the 6th generation to go to Mill Creek”
Review of Mill Creek Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mill Creek
Mill Creek Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mill Creek
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family has been going there for 6 generations we knew the original owners and now Terry and Georgina and their 2 children. We really enjoy going there so many memories to hold from there. The improvements Terry has made are really nice he is a very social guy and the food in the restaurant is wonderful..... Thank you the Le Sech Family....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I grew up vacationing at Mill Creek area every summer. I recently decided that my daughter should experience what I had as a child. I wasn't too certain she would like it, but once we set up camp (we stayed in the campground) she loved it. Originally we planned to stay for a couple days and then move on to Mammoth. But, the clean air (we are from Los Angeles), the blue skies, green trees with a gentle wind blowing through, the smell of pine trees, the deer strolling through the campground, the sound of Mill Creek putting us to sleep at night, the nearby fascinating Mt Lassen Volcanic Park - all this convinced us to stay the entirety of our vacation. Most important was the quality of service at the Mill Creek Resort; the owners and staff were so very kind and helpful. Each meal that we had was delicious. A wide variety of milkshakes surpassed my childhood memories. A great place for a single person or a family to relax or go all out in enjoyment of God's creation. In the future we might try staying in one of the cabins. Nonetheless, with a warm shower available we were able to stay clean while camping in a tent. Thank you to the owners and the staff for making our stay more than memorable!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We've stayed at the resort now for the past four years and really enjoy the place, and have plans of returning in the years to come. No phones, T.Vs., radios or internet, just a wonderful place to kick back and escape from everyday life!! Some say it's rustic, like that's a bad designation, when it's really a quaint and rustic feel to the cabins and the restaurant, in a truly positive way. If you want something more urbaness, then fork out more money for a place in Chester or around Almanor, and keep your nose stuck up like usual. As for the food, it's good and well valued. Deana is such a wonderful waitress, whom we have come to appreciate these past four years, and look forward to more years of seeing her. All we can say is, it's a great place to stay and to enjoy all that area has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great management, clean cabins, and two creeks; the tiny one that runs down the hill to Mill Creek. Great fly fishing for hubby, and forest walks for me. The lodge is a great place to eat, and have a beer. We have traveled to Mill Creek Resort twice a year for the last 12 years and appreciate the upgrades and new touches to the cabins. A drive to Lassen National Park is a must for the visitor center and a hike. Great place to relax.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Reader33
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Mill Creek Resort is way, WAY off the beaten path.

I have rated it "very good" instead of "excellent" because it is SO rustic I mean RUSTIC. BUT for those of us who love "rustic"--is is very close to paradise! The little cabins are clean-- neat and the "resort" is in the most fragrant, beautiful mountains in northern California.

If you expect anything flashy or up-to-date--you won't get it at the Mill Creek Lodge--but if you treasure quiet, peace and a restful atmosphere, without commercial hype--this is the place.

The family who runs the place are good folks. The kind of people you would like to know. I have traveled all over the world and I like and recommend Mill Creek Lodge

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank thomas w
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have stayed at Mill Creek a couple of times over the past years. Each time it has been a great experience - partly due to the fact that it is a terrific part of the state and partly due to the people who run the resort. Resort is a little bit of a misnomer as it is rustic - very rustic. Some cabins are better equipped or larger than others but the people who take the bookings pretty much accurately describe the various cabins (rustic and VERY rustic). The kitchens are well equipped and there is a full size fridge so no problem cooking. For provisions, stock up in Chester (about 20 minutes away) and for last minute items, the resort has a little store but a BIG beer cooler. If you do not feel like cooking, the resort also has a basic restaurant that does a pretty good job. The grounds are great for short walks and a nice brook runs past some of the cabins. We have always been very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Cabin 11 is the most rustic and cabin 10 is the nicest.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank John K
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Every year my extended family gets together for a reunion. We try different places in northern CA since that is where most of the family lives. Most of us are used to living in rustic conditions (including outhouses and outdoor washing facilities at one time or another), and we've all camped before, sometimes for months at a time. We can pretty much make the best of any circumstance. This year we took over 5 of the cabins at Mill Creek Resort, in lovely Mill Creek, CA. It is a beautiful serene tiny little town right outside of Lassen Volcanic National Park. The small store/restaurant/hotel headquarters made pretty good burgers and great chocolate shakes.
We stayed two nights, and my review would have been more positive but for the following: on the first night small creatures kept my relative staying in cabin #2 up all night long. They sounded like rats, and they scratched and clawed their way through the walls until 3 or 4 in the morning. When we went to explain the problem to the owner? manager?, he laughed! Not in a nice way. He said they were squirrels and that there are bait traps under all the cabins to help keep them out. I said that obviously the traps were not working. Then I had to be the one to suggest someone go take a look and check the traps under #2. Basically, we were told that we were in the country, and we should stop being such sissy 'city' folk. I am in the customer service industry, and lets just say that his response was not all is should have been!
More about the cabins: they were very old, but everything seemed pretty clean in most of them. They all had a small stove, refrigerator, and the necessary items for cooking a meal. Inside was a small table with a few chairs, and most had a rocking chair as well. Most also had outdoor tables with benches and there appeared to be plenty of small charcoal grills. All of the cabins had an exposed water heater in the kitchen area, and cabins #2 and 9 had a distinct natural gas smell permeating the area. All of the cabins creaked and groaned when anyone moved or shifted their weight, but they didn't seem as if they would collapse any time soon. Cabin #4 had two bedrooms, but there were only plastic accordion type closures to the bedrooms and bathroom. So if you were going to stay with friends or family you better know that you really really like them! Every noise was easily heard. Cabin #9 was missing the door between the kitchen and bedroom entirely. My taller married relatives had a hard time sleeping together as the beds are short, and not at all wide. I will say that the bed in cabin #3 was very soft and comfortable. However, I also had animals in the walls that kept me awake on the second night of our stay. Both cabin's #9 and 7 had a futon for an extra person. Cabin's #2 and 3 had a sofa bed that when unfolded was touching the other bed, making for a very tight squeeze. The bathrooms are small, and although I had great water pressure in cabin #3, cabin #2 only had a trickle. The oven in #9 was finicky, and either kept going out and/or wouldn't come on without help. I think someone else said that a few burners on their stove wouldn't come on at all, but I can't remember which cabin that was.
Outside there was plenty of parking. Across from the upper cabins (1-4) was a children's play area. Down past cabin #7 was a steep dusty path down to the creek where the kids and dogs got to play in the water. Next to the cabins was the campground. I never heard anyone's RV generator, which was nice. One branch of relatives was camping in a tent, and they said they nearly froze (in July). So if you decide to camp you might need a few extra blankets. We had two dogs, and they could stay in the cabins with us as long as they didn't get on the furniture. We had 5 kids in the 8-11 age range, and they had a lot of fun going to the creek, playing outside and hiking in Lassen Park.
All in all the family had a pretty good time eating, hiking and eating some more. None of us got a great night's rest, but the cabins worked as a base camp for doing other things.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Mill Creek
St. Bernard Lodge
St. Bernard Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mill Creek

Been to Mill Creek Resort? Share your experiences!