Yosemite West / Mariposa KOA
Yosemite Inn(Mariposa)
$180
  • Pool
Miners Inn Motel(Mariposa)(Great Value!)
$177
$208
Orbitz.com
$175
$161
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssite numbertent campersshower blockyarts buswild turkeysminute drivemerced river
Reviewed October 16, 2012

we've been travelling around america for 2 months now, and been staying with KOA 90% of the time. We were SO disappointed with this KOA! not really near Yosemite, yet camp name is misleading! abrupt, far from friendly staff! not exactly the welcoming feeling you get from the other Koa's! especially after a long days travel! the area looked pretty... but the tent sites were awful! the designated tent spot was like a sand/dust pit! we left filthy! the pool was cold - but to be expected in a basic campsite - but really dirty! not expected! 1 hour free wifi... woohoo...! signal was rubbish and no where els has limited wifi (and theyve all been cheaper!!) the toilets were dirty, and limited! the shower was more of a mist dribble that was cramped and the floor mat was extremely uncomfortable, and when i went to move it, the floor was filthy! this campsite has nothing to offer... the only thing we liked was the stray kitten that befriended us! if we were to do this again, i'd use the $40 (FOR A TENTSITE...!!) to travel to another KOA!

Room Tip: find another KOA!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Terri H
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We came in the early evening after the office was closed. We did the self check in.
The RV spots were nice and the cabins looked "cute" but I didn't see in them.
The bathrooms were clean and had hot water. The swimming pool was to cold to swim and the place was dark. Hard to tell what was open and what was not.
Apparently there was Wifi but there were no visible instructions or indications. The little door where the sign was hanging was open so you couldn't see the sign. When I suggested they move the sign to where we could see it when arriving after office hours the lady was rude and argumentative (and I was gentle and sweet with her)
The tent areas were a decent size and had gravel parking, but the tent pads were dust bowls. every step was a talc like plume! By the end of packing time and taking down the tent the next morning we were filthy dirty. Our powder bowl site was about midway to the end of the row and the bathroom (singular) was quite a distance. Much further for some other sites. In the night you could have some aerobic runs to the potty.
I think the camp was "OK" but the rude lady ruined it for me.....she made a ton of stupid excuses instead of seeing how easy it would be to make me (and the six other guests) who also didn't find the WIFI till morning, happy.
It was not worth $40 to pitch my tent in the dirt. A few dollars more would have gotten me a hotel with a nice desk clerk and some wifi with no drama!

Room Tip: you better have a good bladder or be close to the office.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Iquitosman
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We got the campground an hour early. We were excited to start our first family trip to Yosemite and landed koa - my kids and my husband were waiting in the van as the owner told us that we cannot park on the registration parking lot - we must get out of the campground and return at 1 pm. It became 12 15 and I tod them my husband is very exhausted for driving hours all morning and we ll wait inside our van - the owner tore our cabin reservations up and told us we disrespected their policy and scattered us out or they would call police. At first I thought they were teasing us but they were serious - even more we are deaf and we tried to write back to them - apologizing if we made them upset by staying in our van at the lot. They refused to read the paper and put the sign "we reserve no right to serve anyone" . I never had experience bursting into tears all of my life for this - I was hurt and my two kids (5 and 7 years old) did not und why we had to leave with no place to sle. We had to go to Fresno to sleep hotel for three nights - and go back to Yosemite during the day. I had been to koa all of my life and I never have experienced this horrible encounter in my life. It is still scarred in my mind.

Room Tip: Do not go to this place. All staff were unkind and insensitive .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Jeannette Z
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Absolutely brilliant setting, and plenty for the kids to do. Toilet shower facilities were clean most of the time (but you needed to know when the daily clean was taking place, and not try to use them in the hour or two before!). The site wasn't that busy, so we didn't spend too much time waiting for showers, but can see how that would be a problem at peak times. Staff on the whole were pretty friendly.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MJN2333
Reviewed August 30, 2012

From arrival to departure (four day total) we were treated well. Bridget was the lady who checked us in and was personable and hospitable. She made suggestions about our visit to Yosemite and was very sweet to my four year old son when I got him an ice cream cone later in our visit.

Our cabin was clean and satisfactory.

YES THERE ARE FLIES, MOSQUITOES, AND BEES. That's because you are CAMPING. The bees are EVERYWHERE throughout the Yosemite valley.

The pool was cold but clean (NOT as cold as the river was though). The grounds were well maintained and the restrooms were clean.

The ONE drawback is the number of showers (the only reason for the four instead of five rating)...I agree with other reviewers in that they really could add some more showers. I could see how the shower arrangement would get overwhelmed if they had more campers than were there while we were.

Room Tip: The cabins are clean but the mattresses are NOT the best quality, though standard fare for KOA Kamping Kabins. You may want to bring an air mattress for extra comfort.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family