Yosemite West / Mariposa KOA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Yosemite Inn(Mariposa)
$180
  • Pool
Miners Inn Motel(Mariposa)(Great Value!)
$183
Hotels.com
$297
$215
$135
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite(Fish Camp)(Great Value!)
$295
$220
Mariposa Lodge(Mariposa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssite numbertent campersshower blockyarts buswild turkeysminute drivemerced river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This setting is fantastic. The grounds are very well maintained. Run by a very pleasant family; the mother and her adult son were happy to go the extra mile! Pool small but gorgeous. The hills to climb to the main office can be a difficulty for some, but it isYosemite. Mildew in the shower areas needs attending to. I would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank ladymacdeth
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I were going to Yosemite for the fathers day weekend. Besides my wife there was my 8 & 5 year old sons and my two year old daughter. The KOA facilities appeared nice, but the front desk staff were horrendous. Bridget is who I dealt with and she seems to be one miserable person. From the time I stepped foot into the store she didn't smile, offer a hello or anything. She was apparently upset that we had seven people and there were only supposed to be six. I was trying to talk to her about making arrangements for the one extra person, she said that the only option was to rent another cabin as there is only one car per site. Even if one person left and we had six people, they still would not allow a second car. She had already threatened my wife with eviction and forfeiture of all monies stating it was a policy that was on their website. She again stated that they would kick us out if we had more than six people. I then asked to review the policy and she said it was online. I asked to speak with a manager and she refused. I was speechless and as I stood there trying to think of what to do, she said, "Are you going to just stand there smirking? I don't need the attitude." I then made the comment about her not being nice since I arrived and she said, "Excuse me?" After I repeated what I had said, she said, " That's it, you're done, I'm evicting you and you can leave." She then burst out of her chair and ran to the back where some other dark haired gal I had not seen before picked up the phone to call someone to escort me off the premises. In all honesty I did not say anything rude, nor did I cuss or call her names. I thouhgt for sure there would be someone there to reason with, but they didn't even care to try. At that point I said forget it and went and packed up. When I returned the key I asked if she would refund the second night and she said, "No." There I am with my 8 yo son who is crying and looking for a refund on a service I did not recieve and she just flat out refused. I think she rather enjoyed it. Bridget if you ever read this, thank you for letting us take our business elsewhere where it was appreciated. You also helped me to appreciate real customer service that much more!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank cameron B
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Save money and camp here...very nice for the kids, just half hour ride from Yosemite. They have pets (lama's) and a swimming pool, tiny shop. We stayed in a yurt. Had everything we needed. Toilets could be better cleaned but overall very nice stay for camping with a bit of luxury.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Heidi H
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled all around California and through Nevada on a recent road trip. We had a great time in Yosemite only to be met after a long, hot day of driving and hiking by surly, pushy and unhelpful service. When I asked if they had flyers for local attractions they seemed surprised at such an idea. The place was average (pool was freezing, sites small, bathrooms a LONG way away), overpriced (wifi is NOT free) and for our last real nights stay I was VERY disappointed. I actively encourage you to stay elsewhere. Every other KOA we stayed at was excellent, they need to kick these guys into shape.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed at this KOA in May 2012. This KOA has everything you need to camp as other KOA's. However, the spaces are the most cramped sites we have ever experienced.If you like your neighbors sewer hole next to your table outside, you will like this KOA. Also, beware of an extra charge for the internet WiFi. When you reserve your site, your confirmation will show that it includes cable and WiFi. What they do not tell you until you check in is that the WiFi is for 1 free hour per day and then you will need to pay for any additional time after that. The WiFi service is horrible, going in and out constantly.This is the first KOA we have ever had to pay for WiFi., very misleading. The front desk is in a hurry to check you in and out so don't expect very much information about the area. There is another KOA about 20 miles from this one . It is just as close to Yosemite entrances. We did not stay there but it looked very nice. Happy Travels everyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple