“Good and Consistent”

Ranked #19 of 162 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Strings opened its doors for the first time in Sacrament in 1987. Now, nearly 30 years later and under the original ownership, Strings is still successfully serving the original area and locations along central and northern California. Strings Italian Cafe Merced prides itself on serving both classic italian dishes such as spaghetti and homemade meatballs and tortellini chianti but also modern and equally unforgettable dishes like salmon balsamic, zesty cioppino and our famous gluten free and vegetarian "zoodles". Whether you have been a beloved customer from the beginning or are looking for a restaurant to call your favorite, we hope you will come in, sit down and enjoy everything we have to offer.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

As locals, we find ourselves returning to Strings when we are looking for a relaxed meal out. The servers are always friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and specials. A moderately priced wine list is available to complement your meal - glass or bottle. We always enjoy the family style salad, which will be re-filled as needed. The salad is always fresh and crisp. From a variety of sea-food (scampi, calamari, scallops) to short-ribs done al-forno and served with pasta, we have not been dissapointed. Food is always served hot and the timing of courses has been good. I never feel like I have to rush my salad or appetizer becasue the main is ready.

1  Thank Bagpipemarshall

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I LOVE their lasagna. The other stuff is good too, but I really love the lasagna. Definitely not Stouffers.

1  Thank Cosmosticon
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Many years ago, I ate at the String's in Visalia, California and was impressed. The food was pretty good. That is why when friends suggested the String's in Merced, California I was eager to go. The service was great, with the server having a great sense of humor. The bread was good and the never ending salad had a tasty creamy Italian dressing and a large variety of "stuff" in it. We were off to a good start until the meal came out cold. I normally don't send a meal back, but I cold meal is where I draw the line. The server happily sent it back to the kitchen and explained that they were having troubles with their warmers in the kitchen. My suggestion to the restaurant is get the warmer fixed.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Yes, it's good Italian food. Great, couldn't say that. But you'll be full when you leave. Okay, decor. Good as any Italian restaurant in Merced. Moderate price.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

That food tasted like frozen food from the grocery store. Very little taste and it was gloppy like it hadn't quite thawed out! YUCKY!!