“The Best Indian Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste of Little India

Taste of Little India
Ranked #19 of 160 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
California
“The Best Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2008

I think this restaurant is the best for Indian food in the greater Central Valley. I've never had anything but excellent service, even on their busiest nights when I didn't have a reservation but quickly found me a table. The combination platter is my favorite: pakoras, samosas, garbanzo beans and delicious plum and mint dipping sauces. I love their signature dish, the chicken tikka masala. I top it all off with garlic naan and an Indian beer. I can't go a few weeks without a visit for their tasty fare. And the waitresses are great too.

1 Thank chinowej

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of my favorite places to eat. Everything I've tried has been really good. They even have a lunch buffet during...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

One of my favorite places to eat. Everything I've tried has been really good. They even have a lunch buffet during the week.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
sacto
“awful taste of india”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2008

I was pleased with the decor, but the waitresses were rude and clumsy. They also tried to charge me double of what I ordered! The samosa were respectable but the main course tasted watered down, not very authentic. All in all, I thought it was a decent visit, until the stomach ache kicked in. I am n Indian food lover, I strongly recommend Raja Sweets, Bombay Garden, India Garden or India Chaat and Sweets instead.

Rural northern California
“Yummy food, classy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

Passing through Merced on the way to somewhere else, tired, cold and desperate for real food, we were recommended to this restaurant by our hotel manager who said he eats there all the time. We ordered samosas for appetizers and two veggie dishes--saag paneer (spinach & cheese) and navaratan korma (mixed veggies in cream sauce)--and asked for medium hot spicing. Everything was nicely presented, delicious and perfectly spiced, with enough left over that we had to ask for a to-go box. The service was good, the restaurant was clean, and the prices were quite reasonable. Tip to the healthy traveler: you can ask for whole wheat naan (bread); wish we had known.

1 Thank healthy_traveler_7