“Always Look Forward to a Trip To Merced”

The Branding Iron Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 161 Restaurants in Merced
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our neon sign has been designated an Historical Landmark.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I always look forward to a trip to Merced, CA. so that I can enjoy a dinner at The Branding Iron Restaurant. I have never been disappointed and although I have reviewed it in the past it deserves another look. I enjoy the atmosphere and décor and the service is impeccable. I also enjoy the fact that I can enjoy my adult beverage in peace and only order dinner when I am ready.

One of the marks of a great restaurant to me, is whether or not they can properly prepare lobster, as just a few seconds of overcooking and it will come out like rubber. This is never the case at The Branding Iron as the lobster is always succulent.

Fortunately I will be back there a few more times this summer and really can't wait.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The best place in town for excellent food and service. You're always treated like a friend. If you're looking for a classy place, this is it, whether for lunch or dinner. Because of these attributes, you can experience some wait time, best advice, make reservations, if you want "fast," go to fast food. My wife and I have been going there for over 30 years and had a less than outstanding visit once, it was immediately corrected in a more than expected manner by management. Outstanding establishment for family dining as well.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We go as often as we can. A bit pricey, however, the food and service are the best. We highly recommend this restaurant for enjoying a first class meal.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is the best first date spot I've ever been to. Upscale and down-to-earth at the same time. If taking her here doesn't get you a second date, you didn't want one.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We went there for appetizers before a show, and paid $14 for 4 coconut shrimps! We ordered 2 drinks and fries and or bill came out to $40! The service was poor, and we paid WAY TOO MUCH! This place is a joke. Never again.