“Come here for good food.”

The Branding Iron Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 160 Restaurants in Merced
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our neon sign has been designated an Historical Landmark.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were celebrating our anniversary with a coupon for two glasses of wine and a free dessert. The food, as always, was excellent. This is the first time I was disappointed in the service, perhaps someone was not there that night. Because we did not have a reservation, we needed to wait in the bar for a bit. While I was waiting at the bar to order our wine, because no one helped us at our little table, Mr. Parle came in, saw the problem and served us personally. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for The Branding Iron Restaurant

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were part of a tour group, and we had a fixed, limited menu. The steak offered was Flat Iron - not a grea cut, but the steak was good. Good portions, and great service. The chocolate mint boots (candies) are outstanding!!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

As always, I enjoyed my prime rib dinner. My wife had the fried scallops but said it was too much breading on it and too dry. She prefers scallops sauteed in garlic, wine & butter sauce. The service was great. Everyone was very attentive. This is my favorite place to go for prime rib dinner. Although the wife's favorite is De Angelo's as she loves Italian food. Change the way scallops are prepared and she may change her mind.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We are a family of 5, kids being 2, 6 and 8. Visited the restaurant on a Saturday evening.
From the outside this does not look like what this really is - a very good restaurant. But once inside the atmosphere is really nice, the decor very cool and then the restrooms are VERY VERY clean. The service was very close to excellent. The only really issue I have with this place is that I probably expected the food to be just a notch better. Not that it was bad at all - in fact it was really good, but for example - I got a filet mignon, cooked medium rare as I ordered, very good, but the cut was just not as good as I have seen it other places. And with a very limited selection of sides (I decided to get a baked potato) it just never got to the level that I really had expected from reading other reviews. The kids menu was good, we ordered chicken nuggets which were fine, and a Kids Prime Rib. This was just a slice of meat - medium which was fine - but it had lots of fat in it, and my son just hate that much fat. That said all the other food was fine, as well as the bottle of 2010 Seghesio Zinfandel we had. The dinner (no startes or deserts) total was $105 + tips.
All in all a very good experience, but not excellent as I really had expected based on other reviews.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were with a group of 28 travelers, heading back from a day at Yosemite. The waitstaff at the Branding Iron were awesome! Our food was wonderful and served piping hot! This is not easy with such a large group! My teriyaki chicken dish was so tender and moist! The complimentary garlic toast served before and during the meal, was a generous and nice touch!

We loved the Branding Iron and would definitely return here, again and again!!!