“Consistant”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Merced, United States
“Consistant”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

At Trevino's you always know what you are going to get--no surprises. I don't think I have ever had a bad meal there; food is always hot--love the chicken en su crema; have had just about everything on the menu--good family place. Nice front room for a small gathering or birthday. Friendly staff.

• Visited May 2014

Los Banos, California
“Nice dining experience”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Along with several family members we enjoyed a delicious lunch on the event of my father-in-laws 97th birthday. A table was ready for us in a separate area away from the main part of the restaurant. Each of us (8 adults) ordered a different dish from several choices. All of us were pleased with the taste and the amount of food that came with our orders. The noise level coming from the main part of the restaurant was quiet. In other words, not a large volume of music was coming from the restaurant. It made it pleasant to have lots of conversation with each other and not have to compete with loud background music. I understand Trevino's has been here for a # of years. I will certainly consider it the next time I'm looking for a Mexican restaurant! It wasn't "fancy", but the server was attentive and the food was very authentic.

• Visited April 2014
Merced, California
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have eaten at Trevino's many times as I live in Merced, they have great tasting Mexican food. I come her often! I would reccomend to anyone.

Visited February 2013
California
“Not that great”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've eaten here twice now and have had less than mediocre food both times. The carnitas was DRY. It was so dry that I had trouble cutting it. In fact, 3 people at our table ordered it and everyone left more than half of the small portion on their plates. (We were hungry, so all of the rice & beans were gone, but the carnitas remained.) The waitress picked up the plates without even questioning it or making sure it was ok. I guess they must have already known it wasn't when they served it to us. The chips are just ok, the rice & beans are also just ok.

Lunch specials are $7.95 and they are definitely not that special. I won't be returning.

• Visited November 2012
Modesto, California
“Delicious Food!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I ate here with several other people while in Merced last month for a work related training. This was my first visit to this restaurant and I enjoyed my meal here. I ordered the chile verde plate which came with beans, rice and tortillas. I thought the food was delicious and tasted homemade. One of the best things about the meal was that both corn and flour tortillas are made in the restaurant. I had the flour tortillas and it was a treat to have homemade tortillas with my meal. My dining companions also reported that they enjoyed their meals. The dining room was fairly good sized with plenty of seating. Servers were pleasant and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant for very good Mexican food and hope to return one day.

• Visited June 2012