Quality Inn
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Budget Inn(Merced)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclean areaallow dogsfree internetstaff was very friendly and helpfulbed was comfortablesouthern californiafront desk clerkcomplimentary breakfasteasy accessyosemitenightstandhwymicrowavedryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights to travel to Yosemite. We found the room to be clean and fine for our needs. The complimentary breakfast was a bonus as most of the hotels we stayed at in out trip were room-only. Cooking you own waffles was novel for the kids as was blueberry flavour option! Breakfast was great with hot and cold options. Wifi was fine taking into account it is free (in a few of the places we stayed at it was not).
Never got chance to use the pool but it looked fine for a dip after a hot day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

First off, I want to thank you for such kind words from travelers. I am extreamly happy to know that you liked our breakfast and the kids enjoyed making wafflers! As the Manager of Comfort Inn Merced, please know that you are welcome here ANYTIME!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Merced for two nights. It is in a great location, close to everything. The hot breakfast was very nice with lots of choices. The room was average and looks like it hasn't been updated in a while, but it was clean. There is free wi-fi in the room and a desk. You can hear a lot of freeway noise from the room, but if you turn on the air conditioner/fan you don't notice it. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. If you want a nice clean affordable place to stay the night in Merced the Comfort Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank shutterbug44

I want to thank your kind comments we apperciate comments from our travelers. I am glad that you liked our breakfast, and that everything was convenient for you. We hope that you have the chance to stay with us in the future As the Manager of Comfort Inn Merced, please know that you are welcome here ANYTIME!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed 4 nights in Nay 2012. $74/night/king incl. taxes. Prepaid Choice member. Regular rates probably $10-15 higher. But still one of the best values in Merced.

PROs
Easy access to and from freeway 99.
Excellent breakfast:: scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, 3 cereals, fruits, yogurts, toasts, muffins, coffees, teas 6am -10am
Rooms clean and reasonabley well maintained with desk, bedtables, chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc.
Carrows breakast, lunch, dinner resaurant on site with 10% discount to Comfort In guests.
Coffee and fruit always available in lobby
One day pass to local fitness center
CONs
Noise from freeway sometimes seeps into rooms.
Small swimming pool, hot tub, both luke warm
Maid service and desk service not exceptional. Asked for a 2nd luggage rack and never delivered to room. Coffee in room not replaced.
Wifi sometimes slow and fades

Room Tip: Ground floor best, at rear away from freeway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BudgetTraveler01

I want to thank you for your comments we look forward to hearing from our guest, I am glad you found everything to be conveniently located and you enjouyed our breakfast. We look forward to you and your family staying with us in the future. Thank you again Samantha Goodman the General manager of the Comfort Inn.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This motel is horrible. First off, the room I was put in first was on the first floor with a window looking out towards a dirty, trash-filled, overgrown field and it also reeked of cigarette smoke even though it was non-smoking. I noticed the window was a bit open so I went to close it into lock position and quickly realized it didn't even lock! I gathered up the stuff I had brought into the room and went back to the lobby to ask to be moved. The front desk staff offered to move me to the third floor, which at least gave me a little peace of mind that no one could come through my window even if it didn't lock. The first thing I noticed going into the second room was that I could hear entire conversations of the room next door...there is hardly any noise insulation between the rooms. The rooms are filled with extremely outdated furnishings and colors. However, the most annoying part of the rooms are the motion sensor light switches. All the ceiling lights are motion activated with no button to keep them on the whole time. Sometimes I would be sitting on my bed trying to get some work done and because I was relatively still the lights would all turn off. Extremely frustrating to have to get up to turn the lights on over and over again. Also, the first night I went to heat something up in the microwave and realized that where they had the microwave placed in the room it couldn't reach the outlet! I called to the front desk to ask if they had an extension cord for it to which they replied they didn't and couldn't I place it somewhere else in the room?!?! Firstly, it's not my job to rearrange the room to make sure the appliances are in places they work, but secondly, the only place it could (even barely) reach an outlet was on the ground! Every time I have wanted to heat something up I have to sit on the ground to see the timer. Completely ridiculous. The shower is dirty, the toilet runs constantly, the linens(sheets, blankets, and towels) are completely of a substandard quality, and the breakfast is missing half of what it should have. If I would have known what I was getting into with this hotel, I would have for sure spent the extra $25-$30/night it costs to stay at one of the nicer chain hotels in this town.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sara D
Samantha G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience with us here in Merced. We here at the Comfort Inn do our best to strive for excellence in every aspect of guest satisfaction and when we receive a comment like yours we like to take it as an opportunity to seek improvement.

I sincerely hope that you return to our property and give us a chance to show you we really have to offer.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

THeres nothing more wonderful then after a long road trip to get to a nice comfortable hotel and put your feet up and relax. However finding that right hotel may have been difficult UNTIL NOW! The Comfort Inn was Wonderful. Clean rooms, wifi, comfortable beds and a great friendly staff. Wait! the best is yet to come. THEY HAVE A FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST that will satisfy anyone. Its a great choice if you ever are in the merced area I recommend Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Rrraiders
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

First off, I want to thank you for such kind words from travelers. I am extreamly happy to know that you liked our breakfast! We enjoy helping people during their travels. As the Manager of Comfort Inn Merced, please know that you are welcome here ANYTIME!

Have a safe trip!