“Bountiful Breakfast and Stellar Staff”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stay at the Merced Comfort Inn weekly for business, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have stayed in just about every "non-scary" hotel in Merced over the past decade but it's the staff and service that has made me loyal to the Comfort Inn since 2009. Back then, the place wasn't much to look at and offered few amenities, but the staff made up for it in spades. Now, you can get a good, hot breakfast every morning, rooms that are clean and functional, and the staff is even better than ever before. They care about the hotel and they care about their occupants.

If you're a health-conscious traveler like me, this is definitely the place to stay. How many times have you been at a hotel that advertises free continental breakfast and you wonder on exactly which continent people eat calorie-laden pastries, juice, coffee and muffins for breakfast? The Comfort Inn takes it to the next level. Sure, there are DIY waffles and packaged pastries for the young and young at heart, but you'll also get eggs, yogurt and other sources of protein. This is the only place I stay at in the Merced area that doesn't force me to forage for a paid breakfast elsewhere.

Try it, and I promise you will like it. Like any hotel, don't leave your valuables in your car and do your best to park by the lobby entrance for convenience and peace of mind. The hotel is right off the freeway, and Merced doesn't invest in the fancy sound barriers other communities put around their highways. I've never had an issue with the road noise or the trains, but if you're a light sleeper, pack earplugs.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for the quietest available room; she/he will honestly tell you what to expect.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I visit from the San Francisco area and stay at the Comfort Inn Merced, I really enjoy the Breakfast in the morning, I never thought that Comfort Inn offer hot breakfast now but that was good to know and the price was very reasonable the staff was friendly.

I will come back again during my next business trip. Thank you Comfort Inn staff for doing the outstanding Job. well done... keep it up.

Mike

Room Tip: If you are looking value for your dollar and great service then try Comfort Inn Merced
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mike l
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

"Great breakfast, Great staff"! Those are words that make me as a General Manager SMILE!!! It tickles me to see that my staff is treating our guests the way guests SHOULD be treated! I often joke with guests that the only way the owners could get me up as early as they do was to introduce a filling "healty" breakfast to our guests! Well it worked! And at any time there may be something you would enjoy more, please let us know...we are always trying to find new ways to change up the style at the Comfort Inn Merced!

Hope to see you on your next trip through!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at comfort inn on our way to Yosemite. I was a little weary about staying after reading a few reviews but I was wrong. We had excellent service and the rooms were comfortable. There is free wifi and free hot breakfast which was nice not to have to make another stop on our trip. The girls at this hotel are very hospitable and are great at ensuring your stay is great! Would reccomend to anyone! And we will stay again if ever in the area

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Dske223
Reviewed March 12, 2012

After staying at 100's of hotels all over the world, i was unfortunate to stay at The Comfort Inn in Merced, CA. Car was broken into, professional equipment was stolen. GM couldn't care less. Choice Hotels say they cant do a thing, as it is "independantly" owed. Even after ten days, the owner has not responded to any of my calls.
When in Merced, DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bbh103
Samantha G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I am very sorry about the unfortunate incident that occured during your stay with us here. Since your stay with us we have installed additional security cameras and are looking into installing fences and other security measures to help all of our guests have peace of mind.

Once again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience and I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to prove the worth of our property.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We travel all the time so we've seen Many hotel rooms. The room was clean but we wanted a king sized bed all they had were 2 queen rooms

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Kayla was very helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay great.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Unlike the row of other cheap dodgy hotels this was quite nice and clean.
Earplugs offered to block the highway noise (get a room in the far end away from highway)
Good location close to Yosemite and much cheaper than than there (less than half the price).
Very good breakfast!