“Nice room, good pillows, skimpy towels”

Merced Inn and Suites

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
SAN FRANCISCO
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Overall experience was not great. I paid for two queen beds, and what I got were two double beds. The room wasn't up to the standard of a Ramada hotel chains. Room wasn't clean and the surroundings of the inn wasn't clean also. Garbage bins were left unattended. The bathroom was also not clean. There was water leak on the toilet to the point that we were unable to use it the next day. I reported the issue, but no one came to fix or at least look at the problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here because my dogs were allowed to stay with me without having to pay an outrageous fee. However, my car was vandalized in the parking lot. The window was smashed and when I made a police report the officer pointed out that the visible security cameras were positioned poorly. I mentioned this to what appeared to be the maintenance guy and he told me that new cameras that moved were being installed soon. Did me no good.

However, when I let the fron desk clerk know about this he was very helpful and empathetic...his shift ended and a lady replaced him (Windy) and she was great. Told me I can take my time checking out. I had to wait for the mobile window repair person.

One side note...the night clerk although quite nice. His appearance was less than professional. His shirt was torn and dirty.

This hotel needs major upgrades....the continental breakfast room is awful, appreciated but awful, dirty in appearance , hot and small.

Good luck to you...I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ELEANOR D
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Not sure what the best part of the room was. I guess the air conditioner worked that was a plus. The outside of the hotel was what I would of expected for the price. Most likely the majority of the rooms would of been too. Unfortionatly my room looked to be an utility room converted into a hotel room. Not to impressed, then the first thing I saw when I got in room was a big cricket, then a couple spiders. Outside door was difficult to shut and lock, part of the closet door was broken and the ceiling fan had burned out bulbs. Staff seemed friendly enough, however I would not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I walk with a cane and was put in an upstairs room. elevators were not available, the stairs were in need of repair and quite steep. I was afraid to walk up or down the stairs. when i asked the attendant for a downstairs room i did not even get a responce.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JAY W
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Firstly the girl on reception in the evening was friendly helpful and let me see some rooms before buying. The two that I saw were so-so but I was then given a King Suite at the coupon price. The room was large and clean although there were some signs of wear. However it was good for the price. It's best to skip breakfast here though. It is in a converted room and had nobody attending. This left the impression that the food might be out for a few days. At the very least the juice should be kept cool. It might be better to serve it in the foyer. The three score reflects the room at a coupon price and had I paid the rack rate it would have been lower.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple