“Not a good experience”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Merced
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Overall experience was not great. I paid for two queen beds, and what I got were two double beds. The room wasn't up to the standard of a Ramada hotel chains. Room wasn't clean and the surroundings of the inn wasn't clean also. Garbage bins were left unattended. The bathroom was also not clean. There was water leak on the toilet to the point that we were unable to use it the next day. I reported the issue, but no one came to fix or at least look at the problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
OAKLAND
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here because my dogs were allowed to stay with me without having to pay an outrageous fee. However, my car was vandalized in the parking lot. The window was smashed and when I made a police report the officer pointed out that the visible security cameras were positioned poorly. I mentioned this to what appeared to be the maintenance guy and he told me that new cameras that moved were being installed soon. Did me no good.

However, when I let the fron desk clerk know about this he was very helpful and empathetic...his shift ended and a lady replaced him (Windy) and she was great. Told me I can take my time checking out. I had to wait for the mobile window repair person.

One side note...the night clerk although quite nice. His appearance was less than professional. His shirt was torn and dirty.

This hotel needs major upgrades....the continental breakfast room is awful, appreciated but awful, dirty in appearance , hot and small.

Good luck to you...I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank ELEANOR D
CORNING
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Not sure what the best part of the room was. I guess the air conditioner worked that was a plus. The outside of the hotel was what I would of expected for the price. Most likely the majority of the rooms would of been too. Unfortionatly my room looked to be an utility room converted into a hotel room. Not to impressed, then the first thing I saw when I got in room was a big cricket, then a couple spiders. Outside door was difficult to shut and lock, part of the closet door was broken and the ceiling fan had burned out bulbs. Staff seemed friendly enough, however I would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

ESPARTO
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I walk with a cane and was put in an upstairs room. elevators were not available, the stairs were in need of repair and quite steep. I was afraid to walk up or down the stairs. when i asked the attendant for a downstairs room i did not even get a responce.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

1 Thank JAY W
England
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Firstly the girl on reception in the evening was friendly helpful and let me see some rooms before buying. The two that I saw were so-so but I was then given a King Suite at the coupon price. The room was large and clean although there were some signs of wear. However it was good for the price. It's best to skip breakfast here though. It is in a converted room and had nobody attending. This left the impression that the food might be out for a few days. At the very least the juice should be kept cool. It might be better to serve it in the foyer. The three score reflects the room at a coupon price and had I paid the rack rate it would have been lower.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stvjyn
MARMION
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Friend and I stayed here for when we wanted to head out to Yosemite. Location is a bit meh but the room was huge, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was clean and nice. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights due to a funeral. I was disappointed and wished I had gone somewhere else.
The exterior looks nice but it's really dated and old on the inside. The entire hotel flooring is horrible looking mismatched tiles, old furniture, slow internet. The room I stayed in ...the bed was hard and the box spring was disgustingly dirty (someone spilled something on it. It actually looked like someone pissed on it). The bathtub and toilet are so low to the floor, more so made for hobbits. The AC worked but was so loud and there was no cell phone reception. My room key card deactivated after a certain time so I had to keep going back to have it reactivated - annoying. also the water pressure from the tub/shower sucks. The breakfast was okay, nothing special.

The only thing I liked about this hotel was the pool. It was big and deep (3-8ft) which is something you don't see in other hotel pools anymore. I ended up staying one more night in Merced because of the two day funeral service. I spent the extra cash and stayed at the Holiday Inn, Merced. Complete difference and slept better.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I can understand tourists staying here because it's the hotel in passing to yosemite but aside f...