WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Merced
New Hampshire
“Never again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were on a three week road trip and had spent 300+ on many of our nights, so I thought since we only needed a place to rest our head for about eight hours, we would save some money and stay here. Big mistake!
The girl that checked us in was very friendly and efficient.
The room was smaller than I imagine a hotel room could be, but that was my own fault for not realizing just how small Motel 5 rooms are.
Our beds were literally sagging and while I didn't find any actual dirt or hairs on the linens, they just looked old and dirty. One of the beds was pressed right up against the noisy air conditioner. I could see various food items that had been dropped into the top of the air conditioner......yuck.
We put our suits on and went to the pool and wished we hadn't. The table/chairs at the pool were filthy. The pool looked ok, but made me nervous since the area in general was so dirty.
My husband went to get ice and said he saw two men who appeared to be homeless hanging around near the ice machine.
We travel a LOT and this was the only night that I can remember that I basically slept with one eye open, because I just didn't feel safe.
I was thrilled when the morning came and we drove out of that place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Daniel L, General Manager at Motel 6 Merced North, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We here at Motel 6 strive to make sure every guest has a pleasent stay with us. I genuinely apologize that we were unable to make your stay a pleasent one. I would like for you to know your feedback is very important to us, we have made several changes to our location. Our rooms are all newly renovated as well. Again I thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cesena, Italy
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,071 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent only one night here but I have to admit that it was very dirty. Rooms very small and suffucating with bugs as well. Staff very helpful indeed. bad choice for us. not recomended it. We didn't like it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark B
I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do apprecitate you sharing your concerns with us, as we are taking the appropriate measures to address future occurances.
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

The room had 2 queens, TV, a refrigerator, but no microwave. Clean enough but pretty small walking space. The ice-maker worked fine and the pool appeared to be clean and functioning. We were not bothered by the train perhaps because the air conditioner was pretty loud. Normally that would bug us, but it was OK. Clerk was very friendly and even microwaved our dinner for us. It was tucked in between Costco and Carl Jr.'s, and might be a little tricky finding the driveway. We enjoyed breakfast at a Black Bear Restaurant across the street, and bought gas at the Costco. Nothing special to entice me to come back, but nothing bad as some reviewers found.

Room Tip: Room facing pool was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jlrmac
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Found hair in the bed! Sheets and bed smelled of cigerittes. When checking in the attendant gave us an already occupied room. If you must stay at Motel 6 stay at the one a mile to the south. It nicer for the same price!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Caaske68
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

The room had bugs; the pool was shut down; and when I informed the staff about the malfunctioned ice machine, they lied and pretended as though it was a NEW occurrence. I, later, discovered that it had not worked in quite some time.

After having spoken to the extremely evasive and rude manager about, what I was led to believe was an isolated incident, I was advised to walk across the parking lot to the nearby fast food restaurant to request a cup of ice. When I conveyed my disappointment in one's inability to effectively resolve the issue, I was promptly (and without warrant) thrown out of the office. Guess that's how things are done in the country/hood. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Choose a different location.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Uppitee U
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

My stay was cut short due to an inability to sleep well at this hotel.
The hotel is very close to a rail line that is active during the night. In addition, the noise level between midnight and 3am was considerable. People making noise outside of the room and horns honking in the hotel parking lot made sleep next to impossible for me.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank John B
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

My room was very clean, the location superb, and the front desk very helpful except they had no Motel 6 national directories to give out. The bed was excellent but I can't rate the sleep quality as 5*s not due to the bed but because of the railroad tracks nearby. You can count on being awoken twice due to trains blowing whistles but then again, that affects all motels in the area doesn't it. I paid $40 + tax which is an excellent price. I haven't read the other reviews here, but I have read other Motel 6 reviews which I find amusing. If having supplied shampoo or a breakfast is a requirement, you need to stay elsewhere. Motel 6 is what it is. But this one is centrally located with great parking and clean rooms and a great bed. That is all anyone should expect from a Motel 6. If that isn't enough for you, look elsewhere...simple as that.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo