“Worst place ever to stay”

Americas Best Value Inn- Merced
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We got to our room. My daughter went to the bathroom turned right around with most disgusted look on her face(she's23). I said what's wrong? There was 3 roaches in the bathroom. Took key back up they gave another room. Still more bugs in that room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Deborah C

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great service when we arrived, for the price it is good value. Room was good, outside a bit tired. Had the pool etc on the day it was 100degrees f. Went to Hunan Chinese restaurant was very good but you will need a car to get to it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We've stayed at a few America's Best Value motels. This one is very good. Now, you have to remember you are paying about $50.00/night to stay here so don't set your expectations too high. Good things included bed, microwave, small refridg and the carpet was okay. We asked to be in the middle which kept the street noise down. Breakfast was the standard continential with fruit, cerial, waffles, juice and bread (bagel, and bread). 2 steps above the juice and packaged pastry. Nothing to complain about. Just an older property that looks like it could use some updating. Had a nice pool but did not swin in it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
abvimerced, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Merced, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Advertise what you have, be honest in your description, and people will come and be pleasantly surprised. That is exactly the type of traveler we cater to. I have said it many times before, we are not a high end hotel, nor do we ever try to trick or mislead potential travelers into thinking we are. We are a budget hotel, except in our case you do get a lot more than what you were expecting. That's how we stay so busy, giving the guest exactly what we promised they would get, clean comfortable rooms, well kept property, biggest and nicest swimming pool in the area, and of course, the best customer service around. I am very proud of my property and very very proud of my staff as they continue to provide the type of exceptional service that travelers are looking for which in turn keeps everyone coming back again and again. Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Merced.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would not stay there again. Nice staff and breakfast not clean and electric plug in bathroom didn't work. Close to freeway and was quit. Pool was being repaired. Price was fair for what we got. Good luck.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place is not new, but we found it clean and the staff very helpful. I didn't feel the area was "scary" at all. Residential area across the street, highway on the other. Noise from traffic was not objectionable with the door closed. Only problem, wifi didn't work in our room though they had many routers in different areas. The breakfast was the best we had on out two week trip. A variety of fruit, make your own waffle, bagels, cereal, juice, milk, coffee, tea, and more that I don't remember.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room on the side away from freeway. We were there off season, so very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I got to see two cockroaches on the ceiling after many years. Killed one but the other was roaming around searching the other. Fishy place with fishy people around. Saw two cops in the morning visiting the place. However, if your budget is small then this place is good for a nite if you are okay like me with a couple of roaches!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I flew into Las Vegas and have traveled up the coast of California for the past 2 weeks. I've run into some very poor service, even in the best 4 and 5 star hotels along the way. However, when I was looking for a place to stay outside of Yosemite National Park, I decided that Merced, CA was a good stopping point.

This hotel was priced well and clean and convenient to our final destination. The bonus was the very friendly front desk person named Vanessa... She confirmed my reservation early in the morning, and even guided me in from a few miles away when my GPS took me about 15 miles the wrong direction. When I got to the hotel, she moved me to a room that was very close to my car so my kids didn't have to lug their bags across the hotel very far... Even though it was only for one night, well worth the stop...

Thanks

Thanks to Vanessa !! I wish everyone along my journey was as hospitable.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family