“great place to stay!”

Americas Best Value Inn- Merced
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Reviewed November 18, 2012

this hotel is great... very clean and very friendly.. the front desk girls are very nice also.. whatever it is u need just ask and u shall receive.. well u know what i mean.. ive actually been coming here soo often they have me on the regulars list lols. everytime i have a problem with the ac they would send someone up to me quickly just to fix the problem.. the beds are big and comfy i would literally knock out in seconds just laying there. theyre service are so great even when i wake up and late to check out they would be understanding and let me check out a little late with no extra charge.. i love that.. parking is great also. theres alot of parking spaces.. pool is clean and big it does get packed sometimes(summer time) but hey its at a great location right in the middle of the property. i would recommend people coming here if they need a place for them yosemite trips. great place. theres a pizza joint across the street too bomb chicken wings. and downtown is just mins away and the freeway is just around the corner. ive have breakfast once there(since i can never wake up for the breakfast time lols) but its decent too its not crowded so u have a freedom without waiting in line. (making ur own waffles yummmmy) and they do live up the prices that is posted on here.. so dont worry about them jacking up the prices when you get there.. theyre very friendly..

Room Tip: dnt be afraid to tell them what u need they dont bite lols
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
abvimerced, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Merced, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

What a great review!!!!! That's a commercial if I ever read one. Even managed to give a good review to the pizza place across the street. We take pride in making all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable and like to see familiar faces walk through our door time and time again. We have so many repeat guests that use our hotel on a regular basis because they feel comfortable, and that's all most people are looking for in a hotel or any business for that matter. Thank you so much for your awesome review and we will see you next time through.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn- Merced

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and walked me threw every step on fixing up my wifi ! She also booked my room and everything very fast and made my stay alot less creepy! I believe Her name was Vanessa? The room in which i stayed was nice and very comfortable for me and the area was not as bad as i thought it would be. Over all i give my expierence here a 5 star rating and would definatly recomemend staying here !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
abvimerced, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Merced, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Service, Service, Service! That's what we advertise and that's what you get. We all appreciate your kind words and are glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. 5 stars with a recommendation to others always looks good on a review and we all love seeing it. Thank you again for your wonderful review and we'll see you next time.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Recommended by a friendly worker at the train station this was a lucky find! Large comfy bed and room. Very clean. Walking distance from supermarket, restaurants and Merced transpo which is perfect for a pre yosemite stop over. Friendly and helpful staff especially Jacky who remembered us from our previous stay. We plan to return again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingracoon
abvimerced, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Merced, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Comfort and Value says it all. Many travelers come through Merced on the their way to Yosemite National Park, and some do so without a specific hotel in mind and entrust local business to direct them to a specific location because they know the area better than anyone else and they know what people recommend and don't recommend. I am so glad they referred you to us and we were able to live up to your expectations as well as the train station employee. Thank you again for your excellent review and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were on a three week road trip around California and chose this motel because we wanted a room where we could park outside. I was bit worried about some of the reviews on Trip Advisor but it was cheap so we took a chance and booked for two nights. The receptionist was helpful - she gave us a 10% discount because we had missed an online offer when we booked the previous night because of poor wifi in our previous motel. Our room looked like it had not been used in a long time, it desperately needed repainting (scuff marks all round the doorway) and had only one bedside table. The carpet behind the easy chair was thick with dust. Then we discovered we had no hot water, but the bed was clean enough and we were tired after a long day in Yosemite. The next morning we complained about the lack of hot water to the manager who said we should never have been put in that room as it was at the end of the hot water pipes. He moved us to another room which was better and cleaner although the carpet was very dirty. The bathroom was clean and had a new shower curtain. The rooms were large and had a patio door looking out onto the pool, with a lick of paint and cleaned/new carpets they could be very nice. The pool looked good but we didn't have the opportunity to use it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller5247
abvimerced, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Merced, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

I do apologize again for our error in putting you in the wrong room. Our property sits on almost 2 acres and four buildings so we try to place our guests accordingly based on our occupancy for any given day. You were initially placed on the very far side of the property and that was clearly our screw up :o( I am happy though that you reported it to us right away and gave us the chance to remedy our mistake right away. Nobody's perfect and we are certainly no exception, but how a mistake is dealt with can make all the difference in the world. I thank you for staying with us and wish you all the best in your travels through California.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

If all you care about is the bottom line, you'll be happy here. If you're expecting the Hyatt, you'll be disappointed. And if you want the Hyatt, then stay at the damn Hyatt.

For $50 you get a clean room (okay, the cheaper-by-the-ton carpeting is dingy and needs to be replaced) and breakfast (usual motel fare, but it's palatable), and free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Don't take a room that fronts onto the street. Lots of street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan K
abvimerced, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Merced, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Cleanest hotel $50 can buy! Well said,...well said. We are a budget hotel and will always advertise as such. The very worst thing a hotel can do is "over" sell itself creating an atmosphere of potential disappointment for the guest. If you are the Hyatt, then by all means advertise you are a very high end, very high priced hotel. It's the truth, be proud of it, because that is what the guest is going to expect when they arrive. We are a nice, clean, affordable hotel with incredible service and that's what we advertise, and are very very proud of that fact. Thank you all so much for your great reviews and remember to always travel safe and enjoy the journey.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed for one night at this hotel a week ago and was pleasantly surprised by the clean huge room, very comfortable bed and the presence of an actual bathtub. The staff was very courteous and accomodating (I am woman traveling alone and the staff was very sensitive to that), there was ample choice of parking, the room was clean and I felt safe being alone in my room at night (I was on the second floor) The pool was a nice addition in hot weather. Overall, I think this is a good choice in Merced if you are looking for affordable accomodations. The breakfast buffet was nice as well. I will stay there again the next time I am going to Merced.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
abvimerced, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Merced, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Clean and Safe and Courteous, that's the way it should be. I am so glad that you gave us a try and had a great experience and will come back again. The best compliment a hotel can receive is a repeat customer and we seam to get a whole lot of them. Staying somewhere away from home is a difficult experience for most of us and when we can make that stay comfortable and safe, it can make all the difference in the world. Thank you for the wonderful review of our property and we look forward to seeing again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night only, for which I was very grateful! I honestly can't think of anything really positive to say of this place: The room smelled funny and was extremely dark, the neighbourhood felt unsafe, there were beetles in the bathroom, the breakfast is definitely some of the worst I have ever had and this town just seemed downright horrible. Would not stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lonestar1988
abvimerced, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Merced, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

When reading your review, a traveler may come to the conclusion that our great little property is not so great after all. However, after doing some research, I found in our notes that you tried to cancel your reservation inside the 24 hour cancellation window and were very very upset that you were going to be charged for the night even if you didn't make it to the hotel. Now that is certainly your right, but I believe that travelers reading these reviews when planning their trips should have both sides of the story, which is why I personally investigate every complaint and make myself available to any guest who requires my assistance on the property during their stay with us. I want any perspective guest to make an informed decision when choosing their overnight accommodations and because every story has two sides, it is also the sole reason that I respond to every single review that we receive myself, good or bad.