“Exhausted Traveller Well recieved”

Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Merced
A TripAdvisor Member
“Exhausted Traveller Well recieved”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Arriving after midnight a quick effortless check-in led to a clean room and comfortable bed. The morning's breakfast and help in calling a cab returned us to our journey refreshed, clean and happy. I recommend the Inn to all who need an oasis

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tammia G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
We truly appreciate the time you took to log in and let us know how we are doing. We do offer an oasis and escape from the monotony.

We hope if you are ever in our vicinity that you allow us the pleasure of accommodating you in our luxurious, comfortable beds!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
merced, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I will continue to choose this hotel, when I am in the area. The stsff make you feel at home. When you arrive you get the feeling of cleanliness. The food is inviting and great to be able to come down to a healthy breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We pride ourselves in offering excellent guest services as this is what the definition of Hamptonality is! So glad you liked our fresh, healthy breakfast that is a step up from other brands!

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the future should you find yourself in our neck of the woods!
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The staff who work at this hotel are some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever experienced. From the initial phone call, where they made sure I would get two suites side by side, to check in, to check out, the experience was wonderful. Every single staff member I encountered was helpful - exceeding expectations.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how well our guest services rate! We definitely pride ourselves with our outstanding staff. We love to show our hospitality and Hamptonality that out performs other brands!

Again, thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the near future.
winchester, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Hotel was very nice, clean and the staff was warm and helpful. We switched from holiday inn express whose rooms were tight with unprofessional staff. After eight days at the Hampton, I would recommend this hotels to others. Great breakfast, staff and clean rooms. I used the internet, workout area and their business center and was very satisfied with all. Stay here, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate the time you took to give feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are so pleased that our hotel met your expectations and that your experience was a pleasant one.

Our newly renovated Fitness Center has state of the art exercise equipment. Our free weights and weight bench allow people to use them instead of only having machinery. We have yoga mats, and weight balls as well.

Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on business last night and it was a very pleasant surprise. The room was well appointed, large and scrupulously clean; it had obviously been updated recently. The decor is pleasant and relaxing, with little touches like a lap desk and free wifi. There are post-it notes on each bed's headboard emphasizing that the duvet/comforter covers are freshly laundered for each guest -- which I very much appreciated -- and the linens are good quality. Just one of many small things that show they listen to guest feedback. Even the small size toiletries provided were good quality and thoughtful. Those small things added up quickly and made me eager to write this good review to spread the word.

Every member of the hotel staff I encountered was very pleasant and seemed genuinely interested in whether I was enjoying my stay. I had no problems, but if I had, I'm sure these people would have bent over backwards to make it right. I look forward to staying there again when I'm in the area.

Overall, a surprisingly nice hotel for a reasonable price. I have paid a lot more for a whole lot less at hotels with more stars! Highly recommended.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. We strive to ensure all of our guests are completely satisfied with our accommodations. No only is it what we love to do, we pride ourselves in treating our guests like family.

Thank you again for letting us know how we are measuring up!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 19, 2014

First things first, I had an issue with the hotel and the manager personally called me accept responsibilty for one of her staff that didn't understand what customer service means as well as professionalism. The manager fixed the problem and encouraged me to returned to make things right. This alone impressed me. Many people in the retail/service industry will argue with customers. The location okay. Over than the issue with one clerk, everything was perfect.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to make things right. I truly take all of my guests' experiences to heart and strive for all of my guests to be completely satisfied with their stay.

I hope if you are in our neck of the woods in the future that you allow us to pull out the red carpet for you!
Oakland, California
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Greeted on In late arrival by a friendly and helpful front desk person. In a relatively quiet and safe location with clean spacious rooms that have desks for work with ample electric outlets for equipment. Fast wifi for free if you are a Hilton Honors member and worth signing up for if you are not. The well equipped bathrooms have spacious walk in showers and all the usual amenities.

Hot part of breakfast has sausage, omelet, potatoes, waffles. And the usual coffees, teas, cereals. Only items missing was no non-dairy creamer for coffee and tea. When I pointed this out to the person in charge, rather than telling me all the reasons why it was not possible, she said she would put in a suggestion.

The only reservation we have in rating this hotel at the excellent level is that the room coffee is the worst we have had at any Hilton or any other hotel above a Best Value or Motel 6.

The staff from the maids in the hallways to the breakfast and desk staff are universally the most customer oriented of any hotel we have stayed at. The manager and supervisors are doing an excellent job of selecting and training

Room Tip: Do ask for a room as far away from the 99 freeway as possible