“Nice stopover/rest place before going to YNP”

Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Arlington, Virginia
“Nice stopover/rest place before going to YNP”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

First things first, I had an issue with the hotel and the manager personally called me accept responsibilty for one of her staff that didn't understand what customer service means as well as professionalism. The manager fixed the problem and encouraged me to returned to make things right. This alone impressed me. Many people in the retail/service industry will argue with customers. The location okay. Over than the issue with one clerk, everything was perfect.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammia G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to make things right. I truly take all of my guests' experiences to heart and strive for all of my guests to be completely satisfied with their stay.

I hope if you are in our neck of the woods in the future that you allow us to pull out the red carpet for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Greeted on In late arrival by a friendly and helpful front desk person. In a relatively quiet and safe location with clean spacious rooms that have desks for work with ample electric outlets for equipment. Fast wifi for free if you are a Hilton Honors member and worth signing up for if you are not. The well equipped bathrooms have spacious walk in showers and all the usual amenities.

Hot part of breakfast has sausage, omelet, potatoes, waffles. And the usual coffees, teas, cereals. Only items missing was no non-dairy creamer for coffee and tea. When I pointed this out to the person in charge, rather than telling me all the reasons why it was not possible, she said she would put in a suggestion.

The only reservation we have in rating this hotel at the excellent level is that the room coffee is the worst we have had at any Hilton or any other hotel above a Best Value or Motel 6.

The staff from the maids in the hallways to the breakfast and desk staff are universally the most customer oriented of any hotel we have stayed at. The manager and supervisors are doing an excellent job of selecting and training

Room Tip: Do ask for a room as far away from the 99 freeway as possible
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate the time you took to give feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are so pleased that our hotel met your expectations and that your experience was a pleasant one.

I will be contacting our in room coffee provider to see why the coffee is not measuring up. We truly appreciate all feedback as it is the best way to improve our offerings.

Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Merced, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

They took good care of us and the front desk folks were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was hot and fresh. Coffee was good for most part of the day. Only thing I wish was different: a bit of separation between the bed area and the work area in the suite we stayed in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

My only negative comment is that the free breakfast was only so so but, hey, it was free so how much can you complain. I think it was a little limited because the night I stayed there seemed to be only a few guests at the hotel. It's a very nice hotel for the price. The staff was great. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Merced, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay in the studio room with the whirlpool. We had a pleasant stay with clean comforable rooms. The king size bed was comfortable and relaxing. I've stayed in many hotels, where you can hear other guests walking in the halls. The particular hotel was quiet and peaceful.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel is so noisy it is located right next to the freeway and all I heard all night was semi trucks and cars going all night long. Property looks great from the outside but when you go in the building you can tell there competitors are blowing them out of the water... Needs to be renovated also the three times i approached the front desk no one was around. Upon check in my room was not ready

1 Thank William W
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

My stay was horrible and the staff was incredibly rude, Blankets were lumpy, furniture was scratched and chiped, I dont think my sheets were changed prior to arrival Because there was hairs on my bed asked for 100% Guarantee did not receive it. Location is horrible if your a light sleeper Trains and nearby freeway will keep you up all night... TV Channel selection was horrible and breakfast is gross. Next time I will stay next door

Room Tip: Stay next door and Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Robert Y
Tammia G, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. As always, we are thankful that you choose to stay at our hotel and would love the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time you are in our area. Thank you, Guest Services Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites Merced