“Excellent Food, Authentic Indian, Pleasant Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Turmeric Indian Cuisine

Turmeric Indian Cuisine
Ranked #16 of 160 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent Food, Authentic Indian, Pleasant Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Food was very nice and tasty. It had an authentic Indian taste. Surprisingly, Serving staff were not Indians but were very pleasant and caring.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Narendra J

Bengaluru, India
“Thanks for feeding me ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Yeah, bro and sis it's good place to have our Indian meal.
I used go for buffet or chicken tikka or bengan bharta and wheat roti.

Thanks you !!
p.s. Hv some Indian beer :p

2 Thank Pankaj B
Merced, California
“The best Indian food in Merced.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I find it refreshing to dine in such a clean and friendly restaraunt! The service is good and the food is fantastic! It beats any other Indian cuisine in town. If you want a variety and tired of the same thing on a menu then this is the place to find it.It is different and fulfilling.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mistyisalive
“Spicy but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This newly-opened restaurant has a great selection of Indian cuisine. Be sure to order the garlic naan.

• Visited August 2013
“Not so OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Indian food is one of my favorite cuisines. When I'm in the Bay Area or out of State I like to seek out Indian restaurants. I've been to quite a number of them, so Indian food is not new to me.
I wandered into Turmeric with a friend, liked the cute name and the location was perfect at that time.
Positives: clean, friendly staff, prompt service.
Negatives: food, decor.
The only thing about the food I liked was the rice. I had Sag Paneer, my friend had Chicken Tika Masala. My sag was beyond greasy, and the spicing was just not right. There was something sickeningly sweet in there. I ordered medium hot, but there wasn't any heat. As a non Indian person I have made better sag (without the paneer) at home than I was served at Turmeric that night. I tried my friend's Tika Masala and that spicing wasn't right, either. My friend said the chicken wasn't tender. How bad was it? When you don't want to take home your leftovers... that's not a good sign.
This was a one time trip. Next time I'm hungry and in the neighborhood I'll either have Thai food across the parking lot, or drive across town to Taste of Little India.

Visited July 2013