“local favorite”

Ranked #9 of 161 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canal
Description: Service out of this world and extraordinary food.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

very yummy and inventive Mexican food, Healthy choices. Music some nights.

Only critique-in mid winter the tomatoes there sometimes taste flat

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I went to this taqueria on my last night in Merced. It is a nice little place and the food was very good. I had enchilada with black beans and a beer. With tip was $13. Cheap and good.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Friendly help, good food, indoor and outdoor seating, and good prices. The proprietor is always in supporting the community and the arts. I think he knows everyone in Merced!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We decided on trying J & R's based on reviews here and we were happy that we did. The food was delicious. Everything made from fresh ingredients. The service was great, too. We took note of the cranberry pound cake and other desserts, but were too full to try them! The selection of Mexican-made soft drinks was an unexpected surprise and made the experience all the more satisfying. Cheap and good-- just what we wanted!

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I came here with a couple friends and we were not disappointed! The environment was great, the workers were great, and the food was AMAZING! I refuse to eat at any other taco place in town! J & R Tacos is hands-down the best, the bee's knees, arms, and legs!!! If you're considering coming here, don't doubt yourself! If you want real, fresh, reasonably priced, authentic Mexican food.. this is spot! My new favorite place to eat in town!

Been to J & R Tacos? Share your experiences!