“Pretty good”

Ranked #6 of 160 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canal
Description: Service out of this world and extraordinary food.
Calgary
“Pretty good”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I went to this taqueria on my last night in Merced. It is a nice little place and the food was very good. I had enchilada with black beans and a beer. With tip was $13. Cheap and good.

Merced
“Merced's Favorite Tacqueria”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Friendly help, good food, indoor and outdoor seating, and good prices. The proprietor is always in supporting the community and the arts. I think he knows everyone in Merced!

Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Just what we were looking for!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We decided on trying J & R's based on reviews here and we were happy that we did. The food was delicious. Everything made from fresh ingredients. The service was great, too. We took note of the cranberry pound cake and other desserts, but were too full to try them! The selection of Mexican-made soft drinks was an unexpected surprise and made the experience all the more satisfying. Cheap and good-- just what we wanted!

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Literally the best!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I came here with a couple friends and we were not disappointed! The environment was great, the workers were great, and the food was AMAZING! I refuse to eat at any other taco place in town! J & R Tacos is hands-down the best, the bee's knees, arms, and legs!!! If you're considering coming here, don't doubt yourself! If you want real, fresh, reasonably priced, authentic Mexican food.. this is spot! My new favorite place to eat in town!

Houston, Texas
“Great little place”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stopped here going to Yosemite based on the Trip Advisor reviews. Liked it so much, we stopped again when leaving Yosemite. Nice location in downtown Merced which is a nice walking district. Enjoyed the Tacos al pastor and tostadas with shredded beef. The beef tamale was excellent and large. The chicken quesadilla was large seved with lettuce and tomato in the quesadilla. It was also not oozing with cheese so was lighter than other quesadillas I've had. I would try anything on their menu.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Travel4FunYo

Been to J & R Tacos? Share your experiences!