“Fun place!”

Pocket 8's Sushi & Grill
Ranked #71 of 160 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ate at the area where the chef cooks in front of you. I went with my husband and two other ladies were seated with us. The cook was engaging with us and did tricks with the food using fire. I loved the food. It was quite pricey, but so much food. I had leftovers. The salad was delicious. I asked for a second one. It was neat being with other people. We chatted and had a great time. Worth the money,

1  Thank lbfluffy
There are newer reviews for Pocket 8's Sushi & Grill

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had dinner on a Saturday evening and really enjoyed our evening. All of us ordered a different dish, all created at our table and the food show was interesting, fun and entertaining. We had a great time. Our only question was that the sake drink we ordered came not as a glass, but as a small 8 ounce bottle. The cost of this small bottle was $18.00 and on the menu it looked like a $5 - $7 dollar drink, not an $18.00 - 8 ounce bottle. So be aware of this as our waitress did not say a word and it was not listed on the menu as such.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Nice small bar, regular restaurant seating and a sushi bar. They also have those "watch them cook" flaming hot grill tables you sit at with the entertaining flying knives and shooting flames going on. Many photos of celebrities with the owner who was a World champion poker player. We were seating with another small group at our table, and I did not know it is customary to tip your cook/showman until I saw them do it.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Since pocket 8s have been opened I've only gone there about 4 times. The first time I went there, the waitress seated us after customers who came after us. When we were seated, we only ordered water to drink. the water came after the meal. We asked for plates, they never brought it. Our first experience was horrible. Since then, pocket 8s hasn't been our first choice for sushi. We only go there because friends invite us there. The food is good with decent pricing. Their employees just need more training on courtesy and waitressing etiquettes..

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pocket 8's is Japanese Restaurant in Merced CA. It's easy to find from any direction. It's right there on the corner of Alexander Ave and G St. Open for lunch from 11:30a. -2p. and then they reopen for dinner at 4p.
We had the Tepanyaki for lunch. They have a wide range of food on the menu.
The chef entertained us (as usual) while fixing our food.
The food was fantastic! The service was friendly and everyone got 'star' treatment. I would really recommend this restaurant.
I told them I was going to put them on TripAdvisor! Enjoy your lunch or dinner.