“Comfortable, clean and excellent value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Merced

Motel 6 Merced
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Merced
“Comfortable, clean and excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The service at the front desk was helpful and friendly, the room was spacious and clean and the price was very fair. We travel with our dogs frequently on the 99 and it was great to find a good rest stop in this area. Our room (204) had a good firm king bed, a fridge and a microwave. There's a small patch of grass (unfenced)near the pool that our dogs were able to use with supervision. All in all, a good find for us. We'll be back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elija7
William M, Front Destk Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. We value our reviews, because they help us identify things we're doing well, and things we could do better. Whether it be our guest service our housekeeping or maintenance dept.
Our goal is to make sure that all our guests feel comfortable and safe during their stay. We will always go out of our way to make sure they do.
Again, thank you very much for your review. If you're ever in our area again, we hope that you'll choose as your "stopover" for the night. We'd be happy to see you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

booked a room got there the room stink they told me that they was going to switch me and they didn't do it I ask for my money back no refunds so I called customer service on them and they got mad and kick me out and they told me I can't come back there

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank shannel209
William M, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We're genuinely sorry that your visit with us was unsatisfactory. Obviously, it doesn't feel good to hear or read negative comments, However, they do help us identify the things that could be better in the future.
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Not being familiar with the area, I booked 3 nights here for a trip to Yosemite. We drove 2 hours each way to go to the Park each day. My fault. The motel was fine and met all our needs. Even tho it was in a high-traffic area it was not noisy. A Costco was less than a block away and was great for getting gas and other supplies. I had my Chihuahua with me and the motel is great for traveling with pets, very 'pet friendly' and no extra charge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daruth
William M, Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thanks very much for your review. We're glad your stay was a pleasant one. We do work hard to see that each and very guest is satisfied with their stay. This is their "home away from home" for a night, and we want our guests to feel comfortable and safe.
At the same time, we get reviews from past guests that were dissatisfied with their stay. Those reviews alert us to what can be better; what we need to work on to make sure our guests are happy.
If you're ever in our area again, we hope you'll choose us as your "stopover" for the night. And we hope you'll recommend us to any friends or family member as they head our way
Thanks again for your review
Bill
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at this Motel 6 for one night in August in order to accommodate a quick trip to Yosemite (approximately 1 hours and 45 minutes away from the park - be warned!). What a pleasant surprise. We were looking for something inexpensive - we payed $50 for the night - but also ended up with a spacious room, a nice pool, friendly and helpful staff members. Unfortunately I had had unfair preconceived notions in mind before staying at the Motel 6, but I can now honestly say that because of this very positive experience, I would consider this hotel chain again. As mentioned, Yosemite is a bit far, but if you want to save money on lodging and don't mind the (beautiful) drive, I would definitely recommend this Motel 6 as a viable option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank KOuest
William M, Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review! We're glad your stay with us was a good one! As a staff, we strive to see that each and every guest feels "at home" during their stay. We take these reviews very seriously. Good or bad, they help us identify things we do well, and things we could do better. Whether it be guest service, housekeeping, or groundskeeping.
Thank you again for your choosing as your "home". We hope you'll choose us again if your ever in our area. We'd love to have you!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

For the ridiculously cheap price i paid for three nights just last July, this Motel 6 was outstanding value. Yes, its a basic room, but all i needed was a basic room as i spent every day out at Yosemite. Its a long drive but Yosemite and surrounding hotels and motels were full. This motel was just a street away from the highway to Yosemite. My room had a decent TV, two queen beds and a small table. The linoleum floor kind of adds to the sparse feeling of the room, (which had a great air con) but its kind of comforting to be able to see how clean the floor is. It can not possibly hide any dirt or bugs. Yes, the decor is minimal but it was fine. My bed was also very comfortable and housekeeping did a great job every day. The reception staff were wonderful and very professional; always friendly and helpful. The bath towels were on the small side and rather thin, but again, for the price, i can not complain. They did the job. I wouldnt mind slightly better quality soap but you could always bring your own. You would also need to bring your own shampoo and conditioner, which was not easy to find at the nearby gas station, which only had shampoo. The outdoor pool was really clean too. Its small but perfect for cooling off. Motel 6's can be a bit hit or miss but this one is a winner. I felt very safe and comfortable here and very pleased with the money I saved. Thanks, guys!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AUStoWORLD
Thanks so much for review!. We're glad to know that your stay with us was a good one!. As a staff, we take these reviews very seriously. Good or bad, they inform us of things we do well and things we could improve on in the future. Whether it be hospitality, housekeeping, or groundskeeping.
Our goal is to see that each and every guest feels secure, and has a pleasant stay while with us. We want you to feel "at home".
Thanks again for choosing us. If you're ever in our area again, we invite you to return as a guest! We.d love to have you!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stop on a roadtrip after visiting Yosemite on the way to Napa. Quite an ordinary town with lots of accommodation and food options. We chose motel6 as we had stayed in one the night before. Rooms were clean with nice beds, quite a funky design and were very spacious. Pool outside was nice. Front desk staff were pleasant. Other hotel guests were an interesting mix but remained quiet during the night so we had a good night's sleep here.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Travel_World_999
William M, Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We're glad your experience with us was a pleasant one. As a staff, we value each and every review we receive. They help us identify things we do well and things that maybe we could be doing better. Whether it be guest service, housekeeping, or maintenance issues.
Thank you again for your review. If your ever in our area again sometime, we hope that you will choose us again. We'd love to have you
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We come down to Dos Palos often to visit relatives n usually search for place to stay. I know we will b returning to this motel6 it was great. I appreciate the service we received from Ronelle I really felt like I was at the holiday inn or something. She got me a room on the first floor because she seen I was having a hard time walking. I didn't have to ask. She also helped me with my wifi cause I couldn't get to work. I really felt at home, the room was basic it had a fridge n microwave I was surprised the room was clean the bed comfy. The place was packed but it was quiet if ur looking for a reasonable place to stay with friendly service from the staff this is it!!!I WILL BE COMING BACK HERE......

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dontenvyme
William M, Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks very much for your review. Each one helps to identify things we're doing wellAs a staff, we strive to see that all our guests have a pleasant and safe experience while staying with us. That begins at time of check-in and continues until time of check-out. It includes guest service, housekeeping, and the maintenance of our property. Reviews help us to identify things we do well, and things we could be doing better.
If you're ever in our area again sometime, I hope that you will think of us for lodging needs. We'd love to have you.
Thanks again,