Motel 6 Merced
$75
Priceline
Budget Inn(Merced)
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at this motel in the beginning of October, upon checking in the desk clerk Ronelle was polite and helpful. I stayed on the top floor on the left side our room had two queen beds, microwave, and fridge. Room was spacious and clean. I will stay again on future visits to Merced!

• Stayed: October 2012
Sheila G, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thanks very much for sharing with us. We appreciate hearing about all personal experiences, It lets us know not only what we're doing well, but ways that we can improve. Our goal is to make sure that each and every guests' stay a pleasant one. Quality guest service is a priority. Our staff is made up of courteous, hard-working people; always seeing that guests feel comfortable and safe at all times.
Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you again, soon

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Thank you for such pleasant experience, from checking in to checking out. Bill the desk clerk, was helpful and friendly. I would recommend this Motel 6 to everyone I know. Thanks again Bill for making my family's experience a wonderful one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sheila G, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your response. We are always glad when guests have enjoyed their stay with us. We strive to see that each guest is treated with respect. Guest also must comfortable and safe at all times.
Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am sorry to have to write this review. I thought about it for a whole before posting this.

I have stayed at this Motel 6 a number of times. It was a good deal, and the rooms were spacious, so I put up with the typically hard Motel 6 beds.

However, things seem to have gone downhill lately. The local reprobates see to have discovered the place, so in the last few stays have often run into them sitting on the stairways sucking on their cancer sticks and swilling tall boy beers from paper bags. For some reason, the outside doors have been continuously propped open.

The final straw for me was finding an adult bedbug crawling up the sheet as I pulled down the bedclothes. This isn't a case of maybe, I found the damn thing and killed it to take down to the front desk to get my money back and check out ASAP.

This motel needs to do SOMETHING to keep out the riffraff who bring in these infestations. I've seen other places charge a $200 deposit for non-travelers so the place isn't used as a transient hangout.

I had to take two showers to get the creepy crawly feeling off me, and immediately laundered all my stuff, cooking it extra time in the dryer to be sure. Disgusting.

I hope the motel can address this, as the front desk personnel were always great, and helpful. Sorry guys, but....

Room Tip: Check your bedding carefully for infestations.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Sheila G, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

i am truly sorry that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. As a staff, we strive to provide only quality, first-rate service to our guests. If there are issues or problems that need to be solved, we look at it as an opportunity to show that we are dedicated to see that the comfort of our guests is first priority.
Again, I apologize that your stay with us was unpleasant. I hope you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Checking in here was easy and affordable. Bill, the desk clerk, was helpful and friendly. He handled every concern of ours quickly and completely. We had plenty of towels and washcloths, and I especially enjoyed the large bathroom sink/countertop area. Lots of outlets for recharging phones, mp3 players, etc.

Room Tip: It seems all the rooms have been redecorated recently, but make sure the television works.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Sheila G, Front Desk Clerk at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I want to thank you for choosing our motel as a place to spend your evening. We value each and every guest we have and we want to make sure they are comfortable at all times.
Friendliness and courtesy are important qualities in this business, and we are proud to know that our employees expressed them toward you.
Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again sometime

Reviewed September 30, 2012

the motel 6 room had most everything fridge and mic, sparkling pool,(working) ice machine. very roomy and comfortable. but most of all it had Ronelle, she was at the front desk when i checked in with a smile. she helped with setting up wi-fi among other things, just a breath of fresh air which i needed badly!

thx motel 6 and Ronelle ;)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mik E
Sheila G, Front Desk Clerk at Motel 6 Merced, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We're glad you decided to stay with us. We're also glad you were pleasantly surprised with our property and service.
We value each and every guest and want them to enjoy their time while they're here. All the way from the "welcome" through "thanks for staying with us".

Thanks again for your visiting us. We invite you to stay again if you're ever in the Merced area.