“We'll Be Back”

Toni's Courtyard Cafe
Ranked #3 of 159 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In downtown Merced....patio and indoor seating. Excellent food and service. Locally owned
Fresno, California
“We'll Be Back”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have been here a number of times for breakfast. We love it. There is an excellent variety on their menu - including WILD salmon (vs. farmed) which is a "must" for my husband.

It is not a place to go if you are in a hurry. Our last experience was slower than usual. There was only one server, taking orders, delivering orders and cashiering. We thought that strange, but . . .oh well. He was VERY pleasant. After things slowed down some, we were able to visit with him, and he shared that there had been another server there but that she'd gotten an emergency call from home and had to leave. So . . he was under a lot of pressure, but . . was never hurried when at your table. He did a super job under the circumstances.

We ate outside in the covered patio area. We were glad for the cushion on the chairs - otherwise they may have been uncomfortable.

On the inside of the café, it is always very cold - bring a jacket if you're eating in there.

Their food is very good - their menu could use some reorganizing - sometimes a bit confusing (e.g. - their eggs benedict are under the "scramble" section - I've often thought I might just offer to redo, for their consideration, their menu)

I had an omlette and my husband had the wild salmon scramble.

They are very willing to accommodate special requests.

Prices reasonable

We'll be back.

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Make The Effort To Find It”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

And you won't be disappointed - read about this in our guide book, bit out of the way but so glad we made the effort and found it - one of the best breakfasts we had during out trip - and whatever you do try the homemade pumpkin bread.

Visited July 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Perfect for lunch”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Unexpectedly great for lunch while traveling in the SJ Valley. Stopped here for a second time and had a great Chicken Panini which was the daily special. Lunch date had tri-tip sandwich also just great. Service was quick and friendly and the prices were in line with food quality. Will stop by again.

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Breakfast-lunch in small cafe setting”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've had breakfast and lunch at Toni's and recommend Lunch. The breakfast is average at best. I had the French toast and it was just some French bread dipped in egg with some powdered sugar on top. Nothing special. My husband had one of the scrambles... he said it tasted good but it looked like a mess. When I had lunch there a few months ago I had a better impression of the food. The hours are limited to 9 -2 on Sat and 9-3 on weekdays. On Saturdays they don't start serving lunch till noon. You can sit outside in a small courtyard which is nice but in the summer they have it almost totally covered with umbrellas to keep as much sun off of you as possible. It is so hot in July in Merced that it is the only thing they can do although it would be nice to see the sky. Service was friendly but once she brought the food we never saw her again and had to ask for our check at the counter. We were there at the change over from breakfast to lunch so they were pretty busy. I would recommend Toni's for lunch.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank HugoHobbs
“Great food, impeccable service in a charming setting.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We found this place only because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. We stopped for lunch on our way back from Yosemite. What a treat! They made my day with gluten free offerings and let me purchase GF bread for use on my trip. The menu was broad and the food was outstanding. Try the special dipping sauce for the sweet potato fries our waiter, Carlos, was helpful on helping local services and was very attentive.

• Visited July 2013