“The worst motel I have ever stayed!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Vienna, Austria
“The worst motel I have ever stayed!”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Room was incredibly hot, even it was really cold outside in these september days. I tried to use the AC, but it was louder than in an airplane. A railroad is not far away and you hear it. At 4am, after many sleepless hours, i spoke with the indian guy with her mother at the front desk and wanted to know why the room was so hot and the AC so loud. With barely understandable english, they tried to thow me out at 4am in the morning after my complaints. I stayed nevertheless, without sleep. Before i leave, i found blood stains on the ceiling and towel was dirty. Never ever again with this crappy motel!

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank handspring3000
SandpiperLodge, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
First of all, weather is hot in this area through out the whole day and on top of that if you turn on heater instaed of AC, its going to be very hot. Second, there is no blood stains on the celling, it's a paint. In addition, as far as i concern about not able to sleep in room, we offered customer a options of changing rooms; but did not wanted to change room, or manager checking the problem with AC (did not wanted us to come inside the room). Both of the options for us helping them out and making their stay comfortable were decling by customer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
toronto, canada
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The manager, Manny, is extremely kind and the motel is cheap--50/night--and on the way to Yosemite. I assume that is why most people stay there. The room, though clean, did have an outdated bathroom, oldish towels, and a loud air conditioner. However, the pool was relaxing. The ice machine was out of order at the time. After a long day doing Yosemite the Sandpiper was fine. There is little on the motel strip except motels and a restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manny S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you so much for leaving us a great review and sorry for late reply back to your review/feedback about our hotel. yes, Manny is excellent worker and asset for our management as a front desk and customer relationship. Hope to see you soon in the future. thank you !
sacramento
Reviewed August 13, 2011

$303. for 4 nites is not a savings for the service you get. Towels are rough thin and stained. My room was cleaned once in 4 days. Ice machine was out of service and when I asked for ice I got enough for one glass. Absoutely no privacy the "family" watches everything you do. I drained my ice chest in the parking lot and one worker screamed at me that I could not do that. I asked him why and he said "cause I said no". I asked him if he spoke english and he said yes so I aked him to tell me why and he said the same thing. The frontdesk person was friendly but thats as far as it goes. Theyre pet friendly at a price $10. per day per pet. Air conditioning barely works. We had top floor and the guests in the room under us complained that when we walked they could hear us in their room Do yourself a favor and shop around. There is alot of motels on Motel Drive.

Room Tip: old and smelly
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank oceangoers
Manny S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at sandpiper lodge merced. Also, sorry for late reply to your feedback due to changes in our management. We will try to make everything better by giving our employees a training regarding customer satisfaction and needs. However, we recently been working on upgrading our amenities and trying to improve towards our property. we really sorry that you trouble with us during your last stay with old management. Once again, sorry for your having a bad experience with your stay during your last stay with old management. We will definetly work on make things better for our future customers and try to accomodate their needs and make their stay comfortable. Thank You !
San Jose, CA
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel is clean. There are no frills, but what do you expect for less than $50. a night?
There is no shampoo provided and there is no blow dryer in the room. Thankfully it was warm that morning, so I let my hair air dry. The bath towels are the size of postage stamps and paper thin. The bathroom needed upgrading. The manager was very accommodating, making sure our needs were met. Again the place was clean and met our needs.

Bottom line, when I travel through Merced again on business we will likely stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Manny S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank You so much for great review and spending night with us at Sandpiper Lodge - Merced. I want to say sorry for reply late your review due to change in managements. however, now we have shampoo, soap, and better quality of towels in all the rooms. After new management took over we are trying to make it better for our customers such as, we have recently updated our internet connection with wired and wireless and started small complimentary breakfast for our customers. Our next step towards improving our hotel or some rooms with hair dryer, coffee makers, and iron with ironing boards. Once again thank you so much for leaving us a great review and sorry for late reply back to your review. We highly appericiate your time and effort that you put towards us. We will try to make it better for all our guest and make their stay comfortable and accomodating.