“Hidden Delite”

Nagame Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 161 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Hidden off the side of the freeway this little Japanese restaurant is the place to have lunch at. They have a small menu but you won't be disappointed. I'd recommend the sesame chicken with broccoli on the side. They give you soup and pickled cabbage for Starters. Afterwards if you have a sweet tooth try the ice cream mochi or green tea ice cream. This place is always consistent so I'd highly recommend eating here.

1  Thank babysnoopy154400wsh

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I originally picked this place because I was in the mood for sushi. Well, there was no sushi...but there was a good selection of cooked Japanese specialties. I had a grilled mackerel, which was very good, and a side of edamame. The portions are surprisingly large for a Japanese restaurant, so you definitely won't go hungry!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I always rely in TA when traveling, but when we pulled in to the parking lot and saw this nondescript restaurant in the middle of nowhere, North of Merced, I thought TA had finally blown it. Wrong!! Nagame has first rate Japanese food and decent sashimi, served by a very friendly and genuine waitress, at a modest price.

We had a delightful dinner for three of their special combination plate, plus sashimi, and a large Sapporo for $70 plus tip. All in all a very pleasant dinner, served by very pleasant people. If we are ever in Merced again, we will definitely go to Nagame.

2  Thank arcodon
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This has been my grandma's favorite for many years so when she visits I like to take her and the food has always been spot on.

1  Thank Cyndi H
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Most consistent food ever always wonderful best Japanese food ever!!! Teriyaki Chicken is the best, and I've tried a lot all over the world.