My friend and I and our two preteen kids stayed in the HI Express Merced on our way to and from Yosemite National Park in June 2013. We chose this hotel due to the generally good online reviews, and we were not disappointed. In fact, we were extremely pleased with our choice. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was fresh, delicious, and offered many hot and cold choices for even the pickiest eaters. We used the pool and hot tub both nights of our stay - both very clean, free of debris, and with perfect temperatures. I interacted w/several different people working at the front desk at check in, getting pool towels, asking for directions to a dinner location, etc. All were extremely friendly and very helpful. Conveniently located too just off CA-99, with easy access back on to the freeway in either direction. The only "complaint" I have (not really a complaint, just more of an observation about the neighborhood) is that there aren't really a lot of good family places to eat within walking distance: a very pricey Italian restaurant, a dumpy looking Mexican restaurant, one or two fast food joints, and a drive thru Starbucks. There is a CVS pharmacy and a large supermarket a few blocks away, which is always handy to know. I would definitely stay there again if I find myself in the Merced area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the new fresh look and feel of our Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Merced, CA located at the intersection of Highways 140, 59 and California Highway 99. We are just a short distance from Merced Municipal Airport (MCE), UC Merced, and Mercy Medical Center and Castle Air Museum. As the Gateway to Yosemite, Merced is 80 miles from the park. Merced offers a variety of entertaining outdoor activities such as hiking and bicycling, as well as water recreation at the many lakes in the area including Lake Yosemite & Don Pedro Lake. From the moment you drive up to the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Merced you will feel welcomed by our fresh look and relaxing ambient music. Our responsive staff will help make you comfortable in one of our 91 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, including 19 suites. All rooms are equipped with deluxe new bedding and our Smart Bath Collection, as well as 32 flat panel televisions, and complimentary wired/wireless high-speed Internet. This newly built hotel also features an outdoor pool, whirlpool, exercise room, business center, and a large meeting room. We are confident that your stay with us will be a pleasant experience, so Stay Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Merced
- Holiday Inn Express Merced