“Aptly named B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merced
Serenity Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Merced B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Aptly named B&B”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We certainly found it a most peaceful place to stay. We stayed for 2 nights and went to Yosemite for the day in between, by YARTS bus, which worked well. Our conclusion: an awesome house, awesome place, awesome company. We rate it 10/10!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shirley255060

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We needed a place to stay in Merced as we planned a short one day trip to Yosemite Valley. Jackie and Jerry were fantastic hosts for a two night stay. Both are easy to talk to and it is a delight visiting with them. The Alaska Room is very spacious, the property is lovely, the breakfasts delightful. Wondeful place and wonderful hosts add up to a wonderful stay. If you are in the area -- grab this place. Thanks Jackie and Jerry for a great time!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We drove up from Southern California and stopped in Merced to catch the YARTS bus into Yosemite during the winter season. I reserved the Alaska room at Serenity Garden because the reviews were so good. I was hopeful it would be a pleasant stay and I was not disappointed. When I called the owner Jackie to make reservations I instantly felt like I was talking to a dear friend. Her home is in a lovely neighborhood of large homes with nice lawns. There is a fairytale look to the property with a turret, weeping willow trees, and a large garden. Inside it’s casual and comfortable. There’s a small fridge full of sodas and waters for guests. Jackie asked us what time we’d like to have breakfast and offered us food choices such as, “Bacon or sausage?” and “How would you like your eggs cooked?” I’d already let her know I had to eat gluten free so she was ready with a gluten free breakfast for me. My husband, whose diet is not restrictive had waffles one day and fried potatoes with toast the next. Both of us had fruit along with fresh eggs from Jackie’s hens that live out back. Breakfast was elegantly served on china with silver and crystal. Jackie shared her homemade pomegranate jam with us and gave us a choice from a variety of juices. We do not drink coffee or tea, but that was also offered. Our room was upstairs. We found the queen bed comfortable, the sunken jacuzzi tub relaxing and the fresh daffodils in a vase charming. We enjoyed the wifi and Direct TV. There’s also a separate shower, two sinks and a large counter area. I felt like owners Jackie and Jerry were there for us and would have done anything they could to make us comfortable. Both were interesting people and fun to talk to, but they allow guests to have as much privacy and alone time as they want. They gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants. One night we went to Los Panchos, an authentic Mexican restaurant, and the second night to Paul’s, a family owned coffee shop style restaurant, where my husband enjoyed a chicken fried steak. We stayed at the B&B the night before we went into Yosemite to stay at the Ahwahnee and stayed another night on our way out of the park before heading back home. We were pleased with our decision to do this as it added a nice couple of days of relaxation to our vacation. I would recommend Serenity Gardens to my friends and family. So much cozier than a hotel and it has to be one of the nicest places to stay in the area.Their two large dogs Bonita and Spot are very well trained and lovable, but I have a special bond with Lavern, a pretty hen who seemed to like it when I picked her up and carried her around. I'm not sure if Lavern's friend Shirley, another hen, likes to be cuddled. Many of Jackie's guests are repeat customers, which I can understand, as I plan to go back as soon as I can.

Room Tip: The upstairs Alaska room is bigger than the downstairs Yosemite room. Both are nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NancyPinkPink
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was in Merced for a meeting and decided to try Serenity Gardens for the great reviews I read online. My stay exceeded all of my expectations. I travel a lot and try to choose places that are quiet and and private. Serenity Gardens was absolutely perfect. My stay felt like a retreat with friends in a beautiful setting. I spent early mornings writing while sipping coffee (luxuriously delivered to my door), and I took runs in the neighborhood and on the lovely walking/cycling path nearby. The room and bathroom is so spacious that it felt like a private chamber. Breakfast was always delicious and Jackie and Jerry are so kind and interesting that I found myself hoping I'd catch them for a chat. I felt so comfortable and relaxed in the house and on the grounds, and the delightful animals add to the easy feeling there. I will return just to see Jackie and Jerry again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2012

stayed for 5 days and loved it...Jackie is a wonderful host , her house is beautiful and the grounds are very restive. Breakfast was over the top. Why anyone would stay in a hotel in Merced when this place is available is beyond me!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve C
Pebble Beach, California, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I planned a two night trip to Merced to visit my boyfriend and decided a b&b might be a fun thing to do. I had lived in Merced for seven years prior during so I am quite familiar with the area. Serenity gardens is a rather large, beautiful home nestled right off of McKee on a quiet residential cul-de-sac. My train arrived at 1 into town (and jacky even offered to pick me up!) and we headed over to serenity. From the get go, jacky was a warm host. I felt comfortable immediately.

We booked the Alaskan, the larger bedroom on the second floor. The room had everything we needed. The most notable amenities were the large standing shower (plenty of room for two), the jacuzzi tub (the bathroom itself was gigantic), the easy access to the second floor balcony, the large flat screen (it was Election Day after all), and the beautifully maintained gardens that enshroud the main house.

Finally Jacky's breakfasts sealed the deal. Breakfast each morning was nothing short of a feast, complete with homemade pomegranate jam, breads and other baked goods, fresh fruit and berries as well as pretty much any side dish you could think of for breakfast. Sumptuous is the word I'm looking for.

All in all, my stay here at serenity gardens has truly made my trip to Merced something special. There is a warmth in this house that comes from hosts who truly care about the quality of their hospitality. If you are going to Merced for business or pleasure, do yourself a favor and get a little bang for your buck. It will be the only place I stay when I am here.

Room Tip: Stay in the Alaskan!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Everett W
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Whenever you are in Merced, do yourself a favor and stay with Jackie and Jerry at Serenity Gardens.

I have travelled extensively and, throughout the years, have never encountered a more welcoming and friendly place. Jackie's breakfast is divine, changes daily, and takes your personal preferences or dietary needs into consideration. She even made me an apple pie one day, and that was in the afternoon.

There are only 5 stars on Tripadvisor, but they deserve more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business